Report: Raiders haven’t given Derek Carr permission to seek trade (1 Viewer)

We aren’t in position to draft a franchise QB this year. We need a 2-3 year bridge QB. If you want to roll out at 36-39 year old Andy Dalton, we can do that. I think Carr on a three year deal makes more sense.
Why would Carr accept a 3 year deal if he has multiple suitors that are relatively as attractive as NO, but will offer him more years and the additional guaranteed money that brings?

Carr is like 31 or 32 years old, he is probably not looking for a short prove-it deal. He probably figures this might be his last chance to get a long term, franchise QB deal.

Andy Dalton / Jameis Winston / and my personal favorite, Taysom Hill.
You act as you know me with comments like "you can't even say his name". What exactly were you getting at there?

You thought the Oline played great? If so, you might want to find another argument.

Clearly I didn't know who you meant which is exactly why I was asking you to say who it was... No clue you were talking about Hill. Allen moved him to TE so that ship has sailed just like Winston returning.

No they didn't play great but if you have a QB with an ounce of scramble ability it offsets their less than stellar play. Dalton didn't and we suffered for it.

Why would Carr accept a 3 year deal if he has multiple suitors that are relatively as attractive as NO, but will offer him more years and the additional guaranteed money that brings?

Carr is like 31 or 32 years old, he is probably not looking for a short prove-it deal. He probably figures this might be his last chance to get a long term, franchise QB deal.

If he doesn't accept it, that's fine. I'm just saying what I would offer. Others on here think they know what teams will be interested an how many years they will offer and how much money they will offer. I don't. I'm telling you what I would offer.

This ain't a move to make us a contender this is a move to make us "good enough" so that we can convince ourselves to continue down the path of DA's failed team philosophy for another season.

I wholeheartedly agree about taking a risk. With our cap situation that risk needs to be taken thru the draft imo. Cheap contracts. Tired of kicking the can down the road. That window is closed, time to start a new one.
Under different circumstances I would agree with getting a rookie QB in the draft. With lack of draft capital at the moment, that is highly unlikely, or the chances are very slim. The division right now on paper, is weak. I’m not opposed to getting a veteran QB to bridge the gap until we actually have a better chance at getting a blue chip QB. Just my $.02

This ain't a move to make us a contender this is a move to make us "good enough" so that we can convince ourselves to continue down the path of DA's failed team philosophy for another season.
Like it or not Allen is our coach and he’s probably going to go after Carr because he doesn’t have time to wait on a rook to develop

I'm not ready to see the Saints pay Carr anything close to his market value and over multiple years.

But let me see how he fares at dodgeball at the Pro Bowl and maybe I change my mind.

Like it or not Allen is our coach and he’s probably going to go after Carr because he doesn’t have time to wait on a rook to develop
I don't like it...but it is what it is. All I can do really is hope that someone with some pull within the org steps in and says "no son, we're not committing that much capital to how YOU want to build the team"

Do you expect DA and Loomis to say no we should suck for another year so we can fire you and put myself on the hot seat? Planning to suck this year and landing a top 5 pick isn't how a NFL team operates.

They understood the importance of having a QB when they tried to sell their souls for Watson. We're in no better of a spot this year and we almost made the playoffs with Dalton. With Carr we coast in.

Clearly I didn't know who you meant which is exactly why I was asking you to say who it was... No clue you were talking about Hill. Allen moved him to TE so that ship has sailed just like Winston returning.

No they didn't play great but if you have a QB with an ounce of scramble ability it offsets their less than stellar play. Dalton didn't and we suffered for it.
Funny stat.
In 2021, Taysom had 5.3 YPC and was our second leading rusher. Jameis had 5.2 and was our 4th.

The Chargers benched Drew Brees.
For the shell of Doug Flutie..smh

If you ask 32 GMs who is better out of Carr, Dalton, and Jameis, all 32 GMs will say Carr by far.
And imagine the rollercoaster of "aaahs" and "ummms" that you would get if you ask those same 32 GMs why. Again, nothing quantifies that statement of than "I feel like."
So I ask you friend; what makes the statement that Carr is "way better" than what's currently on this roster.

I think the phrase you meant is "can't develop a rook" but the point is still solid.

Do you expect DA and Loomis to say no we should suck for another year so we can fire you and put myself on the hot seat? Planning to suck this year and landing a top 5 pick isn't how a NFL team operates.

They understood the importance of having a QB when they tried to sell their souls for Watson. We're in no better of a spot this year and we almost made the playoffs with Dalton. With Carr we coast in.
I'm not saying tank either i dobt care about draft picks, my concern is throwing money at something thats not proven to work (DAs concept of winning football) - its actually proven to not work...at some point someone has to step in and say "Until you show me a viable road map to some sort of point of success you stick with what you have"

Under different circumstances I would agree with getting a rookie QB in the draft. With lack of draft capital at the moment, that is highly unlikely, or the chances are very slim. The division right now on paper, is weak. I’m not opposed to getting a veteran QB to bridge the gap until we actually have a better chance at getting a blue chip QB. Just my $.02
Give that to the Saints, they need all the cap help they can get. 😃

I do see your pov, and understand it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom