Report: Raiders interested in Geno Smith (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Report: Raiders interested in Geno Smith

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EST

The cheesecake may soon stand alone.

With experts and analysts and reporters making it clear that no quarterback in this class is worthy of a top-10 pick, the Raiders could be pouncing on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith with the third overall selection.

Report: Raiders interested in Geno Smith | ProFootballTalk

Report: Raiders interested in Geno Smith

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EST

The cheesecake may soon stand alone.

With experts and analysts and reporters making it clear that no quarterback in this class is worthy of a top-10 pick, the Raiders could be pouncing on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith with the third overall selection.

Report: Raiders interested in Geno Smith | ProFootballTalk

I like this... I like this a lot.

Good for them I hope they draft him, if not for the Saints I would probably be a Raiders fan and I always cheer for them. That said, I was praying we shut them out last season. :hihi:

Honestly, it's not a horrible idea.

Everyone has been locked on the Raiders taking a D-Linemen, that no one bothered to think about their future QB. Carson Palmer has, what, one year left in the tank? So, why not take a QB at the top of the draft and let him sit a year (or beat out Palmer). While the QB may not be a stud like last year's class, this might be their only shot at the #1 QB in the draft since they blew it with JaMarcus.

Also, it is liars season. They could be trying to trade down for more draft picks. Maybe the post Al Davis era is smarter. They need a lot of cheap labor, since their cap situation is still screwed up.

Good! Let them take Smith. That means Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner, Star Lotulelei, etc Come that much closer. THANK GOD for the combine! They buy a lot into the football "olympics", and forget what these guys actually do on the field. Jones, Werner, Okafor, Star, either didnt workout or tested below expectations. Someone who shouldnt, will fall to us. I hope its either Jarvis Jones or Werner.

Makes sense....but QB is faaaaaar from thier only problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

al davis is still running the team? lol

why yes I am

Crypt-Keeper-1x03-tales-from-the-crypt-6774060-640-480.jpg

Geno Smith will be there in the 2nd for them... but taking him at #3 will definitely push the pass rushers down the board.

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom