Report: Reggie Nearly Benched vs Falcons (1 Viewer)

rstrauss33

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok this is from our favorite internet sight that loves to pick on Reggie (besides yahoo.com.) Supposedly Bush missed a team meeting and would have been benched had Stecker been available. Supposedly the original source of this info is Jim Henderson of WWL-TV but I never heard of this before.

"It's a story that has stayed under the radar despite the high profile of its subject. Jim Henderson of WWL-TV in New Orleans recently reported that Saints running back Reggie Bush, known in the Bayou as "Jesus in Cleats," would have been deactivated for last Sunday's game against the Falcons, if running back Aaron Stecker had been healthy."

Is this true? Kind of shocking but I guess Payton has to take charge of the team. Might exlain why Bush didn't get too much playing time vs the Falcons.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If it's true, you gotta admire Payton's position in this. No one is above the team and he made that staement loud and clear (IF it really happened).

OP
rstrauss33

rstrauss33

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with that. Payton does have to treat everyone equally or he'll lose respect. I do find it hard to believe that this story hadn't got out before if true...although I don't think they would completely make it up either. Kind of puzzling. (Maybe Cole is secretly behind this :) )

NCSaint

attempts to divide.

So WWL is behind this??? Disappointing.

I have also never heard the "Jesus in Cleats" either...is that also BS?

Farb

Brave Sir Robbin
Reaction score
attempts to divide.

So WWL is behind this??? Disappointing.

QUOTE]

I think you might be reading into this a little too much, NC. I don't think anyone was attempting to divide this team, especially not WWL.

Darth Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It was on the ten o'clock news on wednesday night. Henderson did report this. Sorry, no link. I saw it when I got off of work.

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Speck Killer

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Reggie better have had a good excuse for being late if it is true. He of all people has to be better than that. We do not need anything messing with our karma right now. I kind of find it hard to believe that Wilkerson or Hebert did not make any comments on it if Henderson had allready reported it and such. You know Kenny would have said something about this.

Wisdom Tooth

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Reggie better have had a good excuse for being late if it is true. He of all people has to be better than that. We do not need anything messing with our karma right now. I kind of find it hard to believe that Wilkerson or Hebert did not make any comments on it if Henderson had allready reported it and such. You know Kenny would have said something about this.
I'm sure they know about it. It's possible that they haven't said anything because they don't want to add fuel to the issue. They want the team to do well just like us.

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
BUSH REPORT DENIED: Saints Coach Sean Payton denied a WWL-TV report that cited sources as saying Bush's role was limited during last week's game against the Falcons as a disciplinary action. According to the report, Bush missed a team meeting and might have been deactivated for the game if not for Stecker's injury.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This could've been a blessing in disguise. I Feel that we need to let Deuce control the game with bruising runs.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
The Saints can win without any one player. Hopefully that will never be tested in regards to Brees.

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NFL Network aired a Payton interview yesterday following practice. He just said that he thought maybe someone has their information mixed up, but stopped short of denying it. He said if anything did happen, it's a team matter and would be handled in house.
Exactly right. I was about to post the same thing.

BUSH REPORT DENIED: Saints Coach Sean Payton denied a WWL-TV report that cited sources as saying Bush's role was limited during last week's game against the Falcons as a disciplinary action. According to the report, Bush missed a team meeting and might have been deactivated for the game if not for Stecker's injury.
You'll notice that the article does not actually quote Payton's denial. That is because he neatly stepped around it as RazorSaint said. Not the first time a media source misinterpreted what someone said.

I also heard the interview and saw Payton's reaction. At one point he turned back to the reporter who asked him the question and asked again who lead with the story. You could tell by looking at Payton's face that he was unhappy with the story getting out. I'm not sure what happened, but having actually watched Payton and heard his actual words, rather than relying on a one paragraph blurb, there is no doubt in my mind that something took place. As direct as Payton is, he would have denied it outright if it was a false report. He didn't.

As much as I hate to give any credence at all to PFT... :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette NFL Week 2: Cesar Ruiz upgraded on Saints-Raiders injury report SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints at Raiders Friday injury report: Cesar Ruiz full Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Thursday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders... Five New Orleans players listed in Thursday's report SR News Page Articles 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
ReefGuy Injury report? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus Michael Thomas high ankle injury now expected to keep him out for several weeks, per report SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Saints expect Michael Thomas to miss several weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints receiver Michael Thomas expected to miss several weeks: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Trent Brown avoided serious calf injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas suffers ankle injury against Buccaneers: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas has high ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints LB Demario Davis signed 3-year extension before season-opener vs. Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Bears made an offer to Tom Brady Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Mike Evans “likely” to play, may be on a pitch count Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints, Kamara agree to five-year, $75 million contract extension Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints restructure Sheldon Rankins' contract, clearing $4 million in 2020 cap space: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Buccaneers Final injury report: Davenport, Ruiz out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week One injury report roundup Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Final Saints-Buccaneers injury report: Mike Evans doubtful for Week 1 SR News Page Articles 0
jdpower13 Week 1 - Friday injury report - Ruiz/Davenport out, Mike Evans questionable Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 101
Dago Holy crap it's Minority Report Everything Else Board 16
Saints vs Buccaneers Thursday injury report: P.J. Williams limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Marcus Davenport, Cesar Ruiz miss practice, P.J. Williams limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Thursday injury report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
Saints add P.J. Williams to practice report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Buccaneers Wednesday injury report: Marcus Davenport misses practice. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Cesar Ruiz, Marcus Davenport miss Wednesday's practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints News: Saints Injury Report Week 1, Wednesday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saints Injury report today (Now available) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
Andrus Saints, Alvin Kamara nearing agreement on long-term contract extension, per report SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Saints, Kamara “extremely close” on contract extension Saints RSS News Feeds 0