Report: Reggie Nearly Benched vs Falcons (1 Viewer)

rstrauss33

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok this is from our favorite internet sight that loves to pick on Reggie (besides yahoo.com.) Supposedly Bush missed a team meeting and would have been benched had Stecker been available. Supposedly the original source of this info is Jim Henderson of WWL-TV but I never heard of this before.

"It's a story that has stayed under the radar despite the high profile of its subject. Jim Henderson of WWL-TV in New Orleans recently reported that Saints running back Reggie Bush, known in the Bayou as "Jesus in Cleats," would have been deactivated for last Sunday's game against the Falcons, if running back Aaron Stecker had been healthy."

Is this true? Kind of shocking but I guess Payton has to take charge of the team. Might exlain why Bush didn't get too much playing time vs the Falcons.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Sean Payton does not play favorites. If Reggie had missed a meeting, he would have been punished.

If it's true, you gotta admire Payton's position in this. No one is above the team and he made that staement loud and clear (IF it really happened).

Yeah I agree with that. Payton does have to treat everyone equally or he'll lose respect. I do find it hard to believe that this story hadn't got out before if true...although I don't think they would completely make it up either. Kind of puzzling. (Maybe Cole is secretly behind this :) )

attempts to divide.

So WWL is behind this??? Disappointing.

I have also never heard the "Jesus in Cleats" either...is that also BS?

attempts to divide.

So WWL is behind this??? Disappointing.

QUOTE]

I think you might be reading into this a little too much, NC. I don't think anyone was attempting to divide this team, especially not WWL.

It was on the ten o'clock news on wednesday night. Henderson did report this. Sorry, no link. I saw it when I got off of work.

Reggie better have had a good excuse for being late if it is true. He of all people has to be better than that. We do not need anything messing with our karma right now. I kind of find it hard to believe that Wilkerson or Hebert did not make any comments on it if Henderson had allready reported it and such. You know Kenny would have said something about this.

Reggie better have had a good excuse for being late if it is true. He of all people has to be better than that. We do not need anything messing with our karma right now. I kind of find it hard to believe that Wilkerson or Hebert did not make any comments on it if Henderson had allready reported it and such. You know Kenny would have said something about this.

I'm sure they know about it. It's possible that they haven't said anything because they don't want to add fuel to the issue. They want the team to do well just like us.

BUSH REPORT DENIED: Saints Coach Sean Payton denied a WWL-TV report that cited sources as saying Bush's role was limited during last week's game against the Falcons as a disciplinary action. According to the report, Bush missed a team meeting and might have been deactivated for the game if not for Stecker's injury.

This could've been a blessing in disguise. I Feel that we need to let Deuce control the game with bruising runs.

The Saints can win without any one player. Hopefully that will never be tested in regards to Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom