Report: Saints plan to move Erik McCoy to guard after picking Cesar Ruiz (1 Viewer)

I know once the back starts to have issues it's a tough road for a lineman, it did Jahri Evans in after a stellar career...Last year Warford was suffering with his at an older age and playing through pain...this pick makes alot of sense

I know this sounds crazy..., and I don’t post often, HOWEVA, riddle me this? Are the saints planning to employ a to center system, hear me out please: on any given play center or guard could be McCoy or Ruiz there for the defense could never call a strength accurately, in addition throwing will Clapp occasionally and you got three centers potentially; Not to mention, with two quarterbacks who play snaps, wouldn’t it be wise to have a center for each to practice the exchange with at all times??? I am a high school junior high defensive coordinator so I don’t know much but I do know this, such a scenario would create problems for any defense. Please tell me I’m not crazy!!!

Money ball gentleman, take an expensive player, let them go and replace them with a rooking who can start game 1 for 5 years. This is how the first 2 rounds of the draft should go for any smart team. Only certain positions can start game one, people won't like the strategy but think that through. If you've got 5 rotating players on rookie deals all playing at a savings of 10 mil a year over veterans then you're adding 50 mil to your salary cap.

Saints wanted Murry. Ruiz was in that bubble. Worked the phone, didn’t get what they wanted. Hope for a team that wanted to move up for Love but not fall so far back that they blew up their bubble. Made the pick for Ruiz and now will try to trade Warford for a 3-5 and see what happens.
I disagree. Lbs are not worth first rounders In my opinion. Murray can’t get off blocks well either

Money ball gentleman, take an expensive player, let them go and replace them with a rooking who can start game 1 for 5 years. This is how the first 2 rounds of the draft should go for any smart team. Only certain positions can start game one, people won't like the strategy but think that through. If you've got 5 rotating players on rookie deals all playing at a savings of 10 mil a year over veterans then you're adding 50 mil to your salary cap.
John Lynch just did the same thing with the 49ers. Top draft pick at the end of his rookie deal in DeForest Buckner, knew they couldn't afford him, traded him for a first rounder and took his replacement in Javon Kinlaw. Picked up a free fourth rounder from the Bucs in the process.

Forgot, did McCoy get better at shotgun snaps, I recall them being an issue early?

Could be a reason to move him.

Not gonna lie. In Madden franchise mode I would draft guards in rounds 4-6 because it was easy to find studs with 78-83 overall rating as a rookie and then would move them to center and tackle. My whole line would always be made up of players that were 90 and above so I get it Saints lol

Pretty sure the pre-draft talk on McCoy was that he was just as likely to play G in the League as C, until he was drafted by a team that had a more obvious hole at C than at G.

Zach was saying that McCoy is a basically a mauler who really wants to just destroy dudes out there and moving to G will allow him to do that work. I'm all in on that train of thought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom