Report: Saints plan to move Erik McCoy to guard after picking Cesar Ruiz (1 Viewer)

Make sense. Ruiz has all world potential at center.

He does he will be an all pro center no doubt. After Unger retired we gave the line call duties to Warford and it suffered , Ruiz will improve us greatly and take over that duty and let McCoy just pound.

I must be missing something. I thought McCoy played excellent at center. Why not find another guard? Of course, I didn’t think Peat was worth paying what we paid him either, so I admit I must not know much.

Ruiz was considered by many to be the best Center and/or the best Guard in the class. McCoy will be just as good at Guard as was at Center, if not better.

I must be missing something. I thought McCoy played excellent at center. Why not find another guard? Of course, I didn’t think Peat was worth paying what we paid him either, so I admit I must not know much.
McCoy was indeed excellent at center.

But believe it or not, he's actually more suited at guard.

Just imagine McCoy playing even better at right guard than what he did at center last season.

That's how great this offensive line will be.

This offense will be together for the next 3-4 seasons at a minimum.

LT Armstead (3rd)
LG Peat (1st)
C Ruiz (1st)
RG McCoy (2nd - traded up so it's like a late first)
RT Ram (1st)

That's gonna easily be the best offensive line in football.

Saints wanted Murry. Ruiz was in that bubble. Worked the phone, didn’t get what they wanted. Hope for a team that wanted to move up for Love but not fall so far back that they blew up their bubble. Made the pick for Ruiz and now will try to trade Warford for a 3-5 and see what happens.

McCoy was indeed excellent at center.

But believe it or not, he's actually more suited at guard.

Just imagine McCoy playing even better at right guard than what he did at center last season.

That's how great this offensive line will be.

I sure hope so. I guess I’m just caught off guard because I thought McCoy was our center for years to come. If it works out like we hope, it will definitely be great.

I sure hope so. I guess I’m just caught off guard because I thought McCoy was our center for years to come. If it works out like we hope, it will definitely be great.

I honestly think we got better at center and at guard with this pick. Ruiz is gonna dominate at center and McCoy is going to be a huge upgrade over Warford who played hurt at an older age and didn't do great with the line calls. I think we win win here and solved our Min disaster interior line issue

Saints wanted Murry. Ruiz was in that bubble. Worked the phone, didn’t get what they wanted. Hope for a team that wanted to move up for Love but not fall so far back that they blew up their bubble. Made the pick for Ruiz and now will try to trade Warford for a 3-5 and see what happens.

I don't buy this, green bay traded up for love, they were looking to move up. the saints wanted Ruiz more

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom