Report: Saints plan to move Erik McCoy to guard after picking Cesar Ruiz (1 Viewer)

the only question left is, how does McCoy feel about it. Was he talked to before? I mean he played well, I hope that he will remain happy with the move.

obviously they didnt Have to talk to him but I hope they did as professional courtesy

the only question left is, how does McCoy feel about it. Was he talked to before? I mean he played well, I hope that he will remain happy with the move.

obviously they didnt Have to talk to him but I hope they did as professional courtesy

I don’t think his feelings really matter since he’ll be getting paid the same amount of money and he’s still starting with the move.

McCoy was indeed excellent at center.

But believe it or not, he's actually more suited at guard.

Just imagine McCoy playing even better at right guard than what he did at center last season.

That's how great this offensive line will be.

This offense will be together for the next 3-4 seasons at a minimum.

LT Armstead (3rd)
LG Peat (1st)
C Ruiz (1st)
RG McCoy (2nd - traded up so it's like a late first)
RT Ram (1st)

That's gonna easily be the best offensive line in football.
So good SP may even want to run the football

I don’t think his feelings really matter since he’ll be getting paid the same amount of money and he’s still starting with the move.

i think they probably had knowledge before hand about how he felt about the two positions. I think if a guy plays that well for you, you don’t just tell him his feelings don’t matter.

I don't think this is a knock on McCoy, guy played great but if the rumors are true and McCoy had a bit of trouble calling the plays and Peat had to take over some of those duties, moviing him to Guard frees him up doing that. The guy seems more than capable of moving over and still playing at a high impact maybe better b/c he won't have to worry about calling the plays if that was an issue last year.

The pick is great b/c we need Drew to never get hit. Never. That fumble against the Vikes still gives me nightmares and some of that was on the OL. Drew needs to stay clean and he needs time esp now.

I don't think this is a knock on McCoy, guy played great but if the rumors are true and McCoy had a bit of trouble calling the plays and Peat had to take over some of those duties, moviing him to Guard frees him up doing that. The guy seems more than capable of moving over and still playing at a high impact maybe better b/c he won't have to worry about calling the plays if that was an issue last year.

The pick is great b/c we need Drew to never get hit. Never. That fumble against the Vikes still gives me nightmares and some of that was on the OL. Drew needs to stay clean and he needs time esp now.

Last year they relied upon Warford for line adjustments/protection calls. He didn't do well in that arena and it was thrust upon him after Unger retired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom