Report: Saints seeking at least two 1st-round draft picks for Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

gbVklZ9.jpg

It's weird because Duncan was the only one reporting that the Saints could have Sean back if they wanted him. Triplett and Underhill speculated that that info was coming from Payton's camp because the Saints front office did not want the shadow of Payton returning looming over the team as they were fighting for a playoff spot. Certainly Dennis Allen wouldn't.
It's pretty clear that Sean isn't coming back and doesn't want to be here. So, it made Duncan look like a mouthpiece for Payton's agenda to drive up his own market.

This info regarding 2 1st rounders being released to Duncan is surely from Loomis.

So it's interesting that maybe the least liked/respected Saints reporter is being used by both sides.

Why do some people act like they don’t know how negotiations work? Of course you ask for the max if you’re the Saints, they have to start at the very top. It’d be amateurish not to.

You can’t get hung up on Sean saying “a mid to late first”- how would he come across saying a team needs to be ready to give up two firsts to get him? Even if he knows that or believes it, he wouldn’t say that on air, that’s ridiculous.

I hear he did the interview wearing a tie with Chargers colors on. A guy that does that knows how to say stuff without actually saying it.

I’ll say this one more time for the people in the back. I don’t care if we get 5 1st round picks. They’re useless with Dennis Allen “leading” this team.

And just to comment on the thread. Payton will end up fetching a late 1st and a mid 3-4 when it’s all said and done.

Loomis dangled Payton
Payton down played
Loomis said.. ok.. I got you

If Watson is worth all this and makes x amount and the broncos want to give him half of what Watson is worth..

Then we believe his worth to be half of what Watson is worth as well

Also the guy above me is wrong.. winning fixes a lot.. if the offense produces then the defense carries on Allen will win gamez.

I’ll say this one more time for the people in the back. I don’t care if we get 5 1st round picks. They’re useless with Dennis Allen “leading” this team.

And just to comment on the thread. Payton will end up fetching a late 1st and a mid 3-4 when it’s all said and done.
I don’t think there’s anyone here who is happy with Allen’s performance.

But the compensation matters a lot. Whether it’s for the next coach or if Allen somehow turns it around. We need talent in the building, and hopefully a QB.

And I agree that’s about what the compensation will be.

I mean if Jon Gruden was worth 2 firsts then Payton is worth that as well and more.
I think a caveat is that Gruden was an active coach that they had to “pry” away from the Raiders. Payton isn’t our coach anymore and never will be. It’s just trading an asset. Like if the Saints had two stadiums, the Done and another nice stadium that they just don’t use anymore. Not my best analogy but you get the point.

Dislike to the first part. Agree on the second part. I’ve said a first in third for a while.

Hopefully this is true because if we accept anything less we got hosed.
You can try to make yourself believe otherwise for whatever reason but that would be the case. IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom