Report Sean and Mikey had meeting (1 Viewer)

I mean, maybe there is something to this, but the Saints Head Coach and General Manager meeting for a couple hours after the Head Coach just got back from a season ending vacation, doesn't really mean anything. I'm sure they would have met regardless of if Payton were considering taking a break or not.

Is it really breaking news that the Saints GM and Head Coach had a meeting?

If I had $50m in the bank and just married a former Ms… I’d probably retire as well

Definitely something brewing. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. I pray he stays but clearly he is at the end of his rope. 15 years with same organization is a long time and rare.

I think saying "clearly he is at the end of his rope" is overstating things a bit. I have no doubt that at his age, with his money, and given the stress and commitment of the job he is tired and thinks about taking a break. Who hasn't thought about leaving their job after a particularly stressful time? But, it doesn't mean he is clearly at the end of his rope or that he is clearly leaving.

IMO, the longer he waits to deny the rumors, the more likely it is that he is thinking about taking a break or retiring. But, I really think in the end he will come back and hopefully taking this time to relax and think will allow him to fully commit and put things into a new perspective.

I get the situation for CSP. He needs to find some balance. I know he loves coaching but probably needs some assurances from the FO and ownership. Perhaps a pay raise but more likely assurances that we are going to pursue a top QB, fix the cap, and retain his staff against poachers. Speculating…

I get the situation for CSP. He needs to find some balance. I know he loves coaching but probably needs some assurances from the FO and ownership. Perhaps a pay raise but more likely assurances that we are going to pursue a top QB, fix the cap, and retain his staff against poachers. Speculating…

It's possible that it is more about making sure the team is on the same page he is on. Maybe he feels like he doesn't want to oversee a rebuild and wants to make sure that the team/Mrs. Benson is willing to put out the money to keep the foundation they have while adding a few key pieces. Or, he wants a new challenge and wants to rebuild. It's hard to know anything beyond speculation, but I suspect we will find out what is going on within the next day or two.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

...but probably needs some assurances from the FO and ownership. Perhaps a pay raise but more likely assurances that we are going to pursue a top QB, fix the cap, and retain his staff against poachers. Speculating…
Nah. The organization, from Tom to Gayle to Dennis to Mickey have shown nothing less over 15 years than being willing to spend every dollar possible on CSP, his staff, and the roster to win a championship every single year.

This isn't about money or the commitment to win on everyone else's behalf. CSP is making sure that HE has what it takes to make that commitment in 2022.

Nah. The organization, from Tom to Gayle to Dennis to Mickey have shown nothing less over 15 years than being willing to spend every dollar possible on CSP, his staff, and the roster to win a championship every single year.

This isn't about money or the commitment to win on everyone else's behalf. CSP is making sure that HE has what it takes to make that commitment in 2022.
This.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom