Report Sean and Mikey had meeting (1 Viewer)

He’s got an owner who lets him do anything he wants. What other NFL coach has that kind of power? The only thing he’s missing is equity in the team. Maybe that’s his angle.

What if he decided to go to broadcasting for 2-4 years or so. EVERY off-season, he would be at the top of the list for a head coaching job. What if a guy like Andy Reid decided to retire in two years. He's older, not in great shape and could retire after a Championship game. Kansas City has HOF quarterback on the roster who CSP wanted to draft. Don't you think CSP would jump at that job in two years, after making great money in broadcasting?

I mean, maybe there is something to this, but the Saints Head Coach and General Manager meeting for a couple hours after the Head Coach just got back from a season ending vacation, doesn't really mean anything. I'm sure they would have met regardless of if Payton were considering taking a break or not.

Is it really breaking news that the Saints GM and Head Coach had a meeting?
Means ZILCH! It is common and has happened in all previous years, between Payton and Loomis, after Payton has had a few weeks to decompress. Not atypical.

He’s got an owner who lets him do anything he wants. What other NFL coach has that kind of power? The only thing he’s missing is equity in the team. Maybe that’s his angle.
I said this earlier. I bet before all the dust settles, he will get a small piece of the pie (ownership), as his loyalty to the organization and long tenured success. And he will have some say so in who his successor will ultimately be, since he will be a small stakeholder.

If I ever have to read comments from men on this forum again about how women make mountains out of molehills and gossip and act dramatic, I'm going to refer to all these threads about Payton leaving.

We'll know when they want us to know.
Take it easy, Francis! It is a football fan FORUM AND MESSAGE BOARD! Relax. 😘

I think Payton and Zion were using the same nutritionist this year.

And, to be fair, I was apparently using that nutritionist too.
Old SP CrossFit Edition
16565528.jpeg

New SP John Daly Edition.

Sean_Payton.jpg

Doesn’t seem like a big deal. Thought they met after each season to go over the last season and to prepare for all the upcoming draft events (Senior Bowl, combine, draft)

Right now isn’t the time to panic

Some of yall's anxiety must be out of this world on a daily basis. Always worrying about stuff that may or may not happen.

There's enough smoke here to assume there is at least some type of potential fire...

I'd think if an "in his prime Drew" (or any other HOF level QB) were still on the team and under contract... this would not be a story.

I also think that Sean would address this with a sarcastic / smarmy / quip of some kind if there was nothing to this....

We have a championship defense, all word RB, and great coaching staff... Just missing that "one thing" that puts it all together and makes you a contender... a QB that can run Sean's offense at a high level. Right now the only guy under contract at the position worth mentioning is TH7... And no matter who was at the controls last year, we ranked near dead last in almost every passing and offensive category. I'm sure this did not sit well with Sean (the QB whisper / offensive genius)

I'd imagine Sean is thinking... Do we have time for a rookie? Can JW make major steps forward / can we even re-sign him? Can we get a proven QB in trade or FA that can run this offense and mesh well with CSP?

I am sure these are all things that are weighing on Sean, and making him think... It is worth all the time and effort or should I just step back?

Tough decision IMHO... I sure hope he stays though.

Welp.. that escalated quickly.

Just my take: I think all this crap about Payton retiring, leaving, or whatever else is just a bunch of off-season noise to generate clicks and interest.

I don't think there's a shred of hard evidence that he's not going to be HC of the Saints this year.
Well, I guess I'll have my Crow medium rare.

What I don’t understand is if he takes a break, and decides to come back, why does every single article suggest it would be with a new team? Like, did Sean and Saints had a bad falling out? I don’t get it
I feel like he will come back to a different team also. I think he is just ready to move on with his life

Definitely something brewing. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. I pray he stays but clearly he is at the end of his rope. 15 years with same organization is a long time and rare.
I got clowned and dead falconed for being real about the situation earlier. People didn’t want to hear it. Heck I didn’t want to believe it. Funny just giving an honest opinion and not having Saints blinders on really upsets some folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom