Report: Serious concerns about DT Dorsey (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NflDraftScout.com's Howard Balzer reports there are "serious concerns" over the long-term effects of a stress fracture Glenn Dorsey suffered in 2006.
The stress fracture was in his right tibia. After taking a physical Saturday, Dorsey was subsequently sent to the hospital for additioning tests. Dorsey is not working out at the Combine due to a death in the family, but the tibia issue is reportedly now a "red flag." Michigan DT Alan Branch dropped to the second round of last year's draft due to similar concerns. Feb. 24 - 2:26 pm et
Source: mysportspage.com

He's a warrior. I'm not concerned. I hope the 9 teams in front of us are though.

And yet even with all of those nagging injuries that were described, he still played well enough to be considered a candidate for the top pick of this year's draft...I think that speaks well of his durability in one way, in that he'll do what it takes to get on the field, and will still perform at an extremely high level.

He won't slide... as much as I'd love to see him wearing #72 in black and gold...

Never say never. Alan Branch was a top-10 lock at one point. Then the red flags started popping up; he had shin splints and dropped to the 2nd round. It's not inconceivable, with 2 solid DTs and a lot of teams running a 3-4, that one of those guys will fall. Medical concerns are not taken lightly and just because he played through it this year, the long-term risk is big. I'm not an expert, so I can't comment, but don't go brushing off a medical issue as a non-issue. Just like Vilma; people are saying "If, if if he can come back"; that's a really big "if". We'll see.

hell, keep the rumors coming. Anything to make him slip to #10

I think I saw him last week hanging out with Mike Vick and Pacman Jones and smoking weed in a topless Atlanta dog fighting club. It was disturbing.

Last edited:
I can only hope that Dorsey falls to #10 and the Saints take him. A player like that can change an entire defense for the better.

I think I saw him last week hanging out with Mike Vick and Pacman Jones in a topless Atlanta dog fighting club. It was disturbing.

I heard he spends a lot of time at Ricky Williams house and gets the munchies more than Johnathan Sullivan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom