Report: SP to Cowboys rumors giving Bridgewater second thoughts (1 Viewer)

ProFootballTalk has been having Peyton to Dallas last 5 years. Why would he go there. No control and Jones sticking his nose in everything. Kids are grown.

Sean Payton is a smart man. Why would he leave a franchise where he has the ultimate control, and a REALLY good working relationship with the GM and Owner, and go to a place where Jerry Jones is running the place?
Exactly. After over a decade of running things his way, who really thinks this independant guy would humble himself under Jerry? Only reporters who haven't really followed the man.

People can say what they will, but CSP is not a humble man. Lol!

Soo....

Option 1) Stay in New Orleans where Payton currently coaches and may or may not remain for slightly less money and a stellar supporting cast. Might win a ring.

Option 2) Go to Miami where Payton will NOT coach for slightly more money, less supporting cast and new HC trying to learn how to be a HC. No chance of a ring.

Hmmmm...

to add to it, Miami will probably draft a QB next year, and TB will be fighting off "bench him" after every bad pass....

It was all over the radio here in Dallas this morning and they're acting like it's a foregone conclusion that it'll happen.

What is contained in the tweet does not match up with the thread title. Nothing in that tweet states that Bridgewater is having second thoughts because of "rumors" of Payton going to Dallas. If anything, the guy is trying to plant that seed in Bridgewater's head. They probably don't want Bridgewater in New Orleans. First, it is competition from the Saints in the NFC. Second, if Payton has another QB in place, the likelihood he leaves New Orleans in the Dallas fantasy dream world goes down.

The guy wrote (paraphrasing): One thing to think about with Bridgewater... there are rumors about Payton coming to Dallas (happens every year and nothing comes of it, so I think the players know now that this is "fake news").... so (?????) He puts two unrelated events (Bridgewater in Miami to discuss being their starting QB) and two month old "rumor" that had no legs and tries to put them together without actually doing it. If someone says, "hey you were wrong about Bridgewater" after he signs with the Saints, he will just say, I never said that. If this guy is a reporter, he is terrible at it.

If SP is staying, we need to get an extension done. These rumors aren't going away and this won't be the first problem it causes.

In the past few years, these "contracts" or "extensions" are proving to mean little...

If Jerry wants SP bad enough, he would buy it out.

What is contained in the tweet does not match up with the thread title. Nothing in that tweet states that Bridgewater is having second thoughts because of "rumors" of Payton going to Dallas. If anything, the guy is trying to plant that seed in Bridgewater's head. They probably don't want Bridgewater in New Orleans. First, it is competition from the Saints in the NFC. Second, if Payton has another QB in place, the likelihood he leaves New Orleans in the Dallas fantasy dream world goes down.

The guy wrote (paraphrasing): One thing to think about with Bridgewater... there are rumors about Payton coming to Dallas (happens every year and nothing comes of it, so I think the players know now that this is "fake news").... so (?????) He puts two unrelated events (Bridgewater in Miami to discuss being their starting QB) and two month old "rumor" that had no legs and tries to put them together without actually doing it. If someone says, "hey you were wrong about Bridgewater" after he signs with the Saints, he will just say, I never said that. If this guy is a reporter, he is terrible at it.

Exactly. After over a decade of running things his way, who really thinks this independant guy would humble himself under Jerry? Only reporters who haven't really followed the man.

People can say what they will, but CSP is not a humble man. Lol!
While I agree with this take, Jones has been more likely to step away and allow others to make decisions the past few years. We should consider that Jones' respect for Payton is probably equal to Parcells who enjoyed free reign at Dallas (until he didn't). Sean is probably arrogant enough to think that Jerry would be different with him than others.

I don't know what's in Sean's mind, but we do know he recognizes and values the unique relationship he has with Loomis and the Benson family. I'm sure that if pressed by Teddy and his agent, Sean would be able to provide some reassurances. I think is just a move by Teddy's side of the negotiations to make sure they squeeze every nickel they can from the Saints.

Ah... there it is! SP to Dallas rumors. Means the offseason is finally in full swing!

" I'll be here as long as they will have me " Sean Payton two years ago.
Someone needs to point out to this reoprter that Payton is not a liar and is fiercely loyal.
This all is coming from one place. Jerrah and his grizzled taint trying to create offseason buzz

That PFT article is based off of that tweet. They took a terrible piece of "journalism" and quoted it as a source. They have taken a tweet that doesn't actually make that connection (just a suggestion at best), and turn it into "sources say Bridgewater leaving because of Payton rumors." It is terrible journalism all the way around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom