Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (2 Viewers)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
I’d much rather give up three 1st round picks vs players.

We are a great QB away from being in contention for another 5-6 years.

We used 2 firsts on Davenport.

Wow, you're right. If Davenport was "thought" to be worth 2 1st rounders, why would we even blink an eye at 3 for Wilson? If Davenport is worth 2, then Wilson is worth 4 MINIMUM!

1994. He was a free agent and watched a preseason game in a suite in the super dome. We offered 4 years and 17 million (which would have made him the second highest paid player in the league at the time). He turned it down and signed with the 49ers. Won a Super Bowl with them left and signed with the Cowboys and won another Super Bowl.
Side bar.
If Sanders had become a Saint, would that have put Mira ahead and possibly have won him a championship.

When you hit big on mid round draft picks like Kamara and Michael Thomas in the 2nd and 3rd rounds if I remember correctly, it gives you the confidence that we can still add significant draft talent to this team without first round picks. Saints also probably best in the league with non drafted players.

I'll admit, I voted yes for the three first rounders for Wilson. Having a legit star quarterback in New Orleans for 7-10 years in a Sean Payton QB friendly offense would be outstanding.

Not to mention, this front office has a great track record of finding talent later on in the draft! Examples include; Marques Colston pick 252 in the 7th round, Trey Hendrickson pick 103 in the 3rd round, Michael Thomas pick 47 in the 2nd round, and of course Alvin Kamara pick 67 in the 3rd round (are you kidding me)!

Plus FA signings like Demario Davis, Darren Sproles, Ben Watson, Scott Fugita, and of course Drew Brees!

I do not believe that Wilson is worth 3 1st round picks, His age, and his playing style are the difference here. He showed obvious signs of a slowdown last season, after 9 years in the league. He's taken some shots in those years.

Now, with that being said...

We all know we cannot possibly sign everyone we would like, on the current roster, as free agents. Lattimore should be kept. Hendrickson is probably leaving, we simply can't pay him. Ramzyk....still 1st round value, multi time pro bowler and all-pro player. I say he goes to Seattle with 2 1st rounders, and possibly a 3rd this year.

Seattle will take that offer. They'd be foolish not to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom