Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is going to happen, but if it DID happen...no one in 2018 would have predicted that in a few years, the NFC South will be a contest between...Tom Brady and Russell Wilson.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’d do it without a second thought and would even also ask them if they want one of our players as a throw-in. Getting Russell Wilson under Sean Payton’s tutelage would set us up for a dynasty.

Reaction score
We could win now with Wilson under center. Who knows how he would remain elite for. Until he's 36? 40?

3 firsts is a lot and it would impact our ability to build teams around Wilson 2 or 3 years from now.

I'd rether have Watson just because of age. And who knows, maybe the sky is the limit with Winston.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No. That would set us back years. I'd rather see what JW can do.
You think losing three first round picks would set us back years? You know we'd be getting Russell Wilson in return right? Having the perfect fit for SP's offense might offset the loss of those picks. And there's no guarantee that those three picks would be great players. I'd rather have the sure thing now. The player that instantly makes us a Super Bowl contender.

And another thing to consider is that the Saints have done some of their best work later in the draft.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’d take Russell Wilson over Deshaun Watson right now... even if the price to get them was the exact same. Wilson is truly special and a proven winner and franchise QB.
IDK about that. Russ is an absolute winner but if the price for DW and Russ were the same... give me Watson. DW has a trash team with no blocking and led the league in passing. Russ had DK, Lockett and a couple other weapons and looked terrible for the whole second half of the season.

Russ has won, but I'd attribute that run that they had to the defense... it wasn't Russ. It hasn't been Russ. To me... DW has the better upside he just needs a team around him (as does any QB), and his age is probably the biggest draw for me.

Just my opinion. No shade at Russ... but give me DW.

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Absolutely! We have most pieces in place already and our o-line is considerably better than the Seahawks.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wilson is one of the better QBs in the game but three 1st round picks for a 32 year old QB is a really steep price. I think you comfortably could expect a five or six year window and then it's a question of how his skills, and his desire to keep playing, hold up as he closes in on 40. Brady is the outlier when it comes to age.

He would definitely keep us competitive from the QB position for a few years, but that is where teasing out expectations would stop for me. He'd be leaving a good situation for another good situation, as a top QB following one of the best to ever play. If we've learned anything these past fifteen years, it should be that great QB play keeps the team relevant and competitive, but it takes more to win championships. Mortgaging that much of the most valuable pieces of draft capital for the back half of a QB's career is a lot riskier than I think some are making it out to be. Especially given that such a deal would diminish the ability to acquire complementary talent to get the most out of his playing time here. Players bust but let's not act like first round picks aren't a highly valued commodity for good reason.

For three 1st round picks, this isn't a no-brainer scenario to me. It's Russell Wilson, so no way I'd hate his being here were it to happen, but if that's the price, it's awfully high.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
IDK about that. Russ is an absolute winner but if the price for DW and Russ were the same... give me Watson. DW has a trash team with no blocking and led the league in passing. Russ had DK, Lockett and a couple other weapons and looked terrible for the whole second half of the season.

Russ has won, but I'd attribute that run that they had to the defense... it wasn't Russ. It hasn't been Russ. To me... DW has the better upside he just needs a team around him (as does any QB), and his age is probably the biggest draw for me.

Just my opinion. No shade at Russ... but give me DW.
I think Watson is worth 3 first rounders, but not Wilson. Wilson has been a great QB, but Watson had a great year last year, and he has improved steadily every year, while Wilson is bound to start declining soon. Watson is 7 years younger, so he probably would give us 10+ years playing his current style, while we would be lucky to get 5 years from Wilson playing his current style.

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
Heres the way I see it.

3 1st round picks =

1 you wouldve spent on a QB at some point, and you have no idea if that guy would be legit. There is no concern with Wilson. You win that one. 32 doesnt bother me anymore. He has at least 5 elite years left. Long enough for this core to age out anyway.

You spent 2 on Davenport. Enough said.

You get Wilson and maintain the talent, or close, on offense, you are going to be a playoff team all 3 of those years you dont have a 1st. Chances are Wilson can win a playoff game with this offense. So you are likely picking 24 or later each of the next 2 years anyway.

Theres no way to justify NOT throwing 3 1s at Seattle. If you were a rebuilding team that doesnt have the pieces in place, and you are drafting in the top 10 all 3 years, then maybe you think about it. But this team is ready to win, and would have late 1st round picks anyway.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s expensive but even first rounders are coin flips to be difference makers. Wilson keeps us in the championship discussion, so yeah, you do that deal without question.

Insert shut up and take my money meme

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Considering the fact that all 3 of those picks would be late 1st rounders, yes.
Our last 3 1st rounders were Davenport and Ruiz.

I'd trade that all day for Wilson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)