Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (29 Viewers)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 242 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 105 30.3%

• Total voters

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If Wilson was still in his mid 20’s then yes, now hell no. A 1st and a 2nd maybe but 3-1st rd picks is ridiculous

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If we can keep Lattimore, Williams and Ram via signing extensions or new contract in Williams case, I would consider strongly giving up the 3 1st round choices. My reasoning is that if we can keep these three key young guys, along with the already signed Thomas and Kamara, then we would already have a young and very talented nucleus to build around Wilson. No question Wilson is a guy, with tools around him and a strong offensive line, that can get us to a Superbowl and drafts choices are always hit or misses.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. One rough season and we can splurge for a top rated QB in 22. Lets see what JW can do.
The Saints are in such a weird situation right now. They have too much talent up and down the roster to have a really rough season. I'm talking about rough enough to wind up in a position to take one of the best QB prospects. Usually you have to be in the top 5-10 range to be within striking distance but with Winston (or even Taysom), I don't see this team winning only 4 or 5 games.

So they'll be stuck in the early to mid teens and have to trade god only knows to move up and take one of the top QBs. And then they have to hope and pray that he's the guy. Or they could just bite the bullet now and trade for one of the best QBs in football.

It's a moot point though. Wilson probably isn't going to be traded and if he is, it will be for more than just 3 first rounders.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Considering the fact that all 3 of those picks would be late 1st rounders, yes.
Our last 3 1st rounders were Davenport and Ruiz.

I'd trade that all day for Wilson.
My question is if you owned Wilson, or Watson for that matter, would you even take what would probably be 3 1st round picks at 25 or later for him?

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
If Wilson was still in his mid 20’s then yes, now hell no. A 1st and a 2nd maybe but 3-1st rd picks is ridiculous
32 is the new 26 for NFL QBs. He isnt old at 32. Brees isnt as athletic as Wilson, doesnt have the same arm and played until 42 (assuming he is done). Brady has won 4 Super Bowls since he turned 37. Rodgers won the MVP this year at 37. Manning was productive through his age 38 season.

5 years of elite level QB play, with enough core talent to win a SB, take the 3 1s. I wouldnt TAKE 3 late 1st round picks for him if I were Seattle. Considering our last 3 first round picks are Davenport and Ruiz...youre telling me you wouldnt give that up for 5 years of elite QB play?

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
There's quite a bit of selective reading in regards to the compensation for Wilson. Did you guys miss the part where it said 3 first round picks to "start"? They're obviously going to want to get more picks than that.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Very easy choice IMO. He’s a franchise QB that still has a lot of years left in the tank and that shoulder has low mileage since the Hawks barely pass the ball.

Reaction score
Yes. Yes. Yes.

He is worth 3 1st round picks.

Deshaun Watson is overrated. Russel Wilson is worth all 3.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
My question is if you owned Wilson, or Watson for that matter, would you even take what would probably be 3 1st round picks at 25 or later for him?
Probably not, unless we are the only team willing to cough up the picks.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The Saints' super bowl window (WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER) is 3-4 years.

The superstars who makes this roster a superbowl caliber team aren't going to be 23 year olds forever.

Kamara is almost 26 (so, maybe 4 more years of good play left due to RB shelf life?), CGM is almost 28 (so, maybe 3 more years of good play left?), Cam is almost 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?), DD is 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?).

Point is, I understand trading for Wilson "will set us back for years (...let's say maybe 3 years)"....But, if your superbowl window is already 3 years anyways, then why not trade for him?

Why is it important to keep those 3 first rounders if you believe your current roster is already super-bowl ready with Wilson? I personally don't see the need for those 3 first round picks. Remember, you still have your 2nd and 3rd round picks to work with in the draft...

Someone help me with this logic. I don't mind if you disagree, but do explain why my logic is wrong.
You got it bro. I agree. If the idea is the window is now. Then use the window. Cause it’s gonna close. Your going to have to totally rebuild anyways.

NOLAJM504

-McNucca-
Reaction score
I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. This gives us another 10+ years of MVP-level QB play. Look at what Stafford brought in and he's not nearly as good as Wilson.
Are we just assuming everyone is going to play till 43 now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 23)