Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I WANT RUSSELL WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHODAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Can we do 2 first round picks and Michael Thomas?
As much as I like Thomas, his attitude will be a problem in the future. I honestly think you could do a 1st, 2nd, and Thomas possibly.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is not a draft pick... or three.... or four.... that’s not worth Rus Wilson. He’s an instant MVP in our offense, and makes us SB ready on day 1.

So even though it won’t happen... yeah! Why not? Lol
Pretty much where I'm at as well.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, but I'm assuming RW will.

:sir-saint:
Wilson is a running QB, so you can’t compare him to pocket QBs to surmise how long he will play. Pocket QBs are highly protected, but once they start running, they lose that protection. Also, people slow down so their running becomes less effective.

I get the arguments people are making about the surety of Wilson today making him worth 3 late first rounders, but there is no surety if he has to change his style to extend his career.

mccombmike

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. This gives us another 10+ years of MVP-level QB play. Look at what Stafford brought in and he's not nearly as good as Wilson.
Absolutely. To get a franchise QB we would have to draft a number one, then stink for 3 years while he grows up. (See Bills.) So you lose a number one anyway, means the additional cost is two number ones...would you give up 2 number ones to continue to be a Super Bowl contender? Of course.

Of all the potentially available QBs in the league Wilson strikes me as the most plug and play candidate, and he can give us 10 good years. Like getting Drew Brees 2011 edition back.

Easy. Do it now.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wilson is a running QB, so you can’t compare him to pocket QBs to surmise how long he will play. Pocket QBs are highly protected, but once they start running, they lose that protection. Also, people slow down so their running becomes less effective.

I get the arguments people are making about the surety of Wilson today making him worth 3 late first rounders, but there is no surety if he has to change his style to extend his career.
A running QB? Just, wow.

ShahulX

Bring the WOOD!!!
Reaction score
I mean if you can keep the rest of our team intact for a couple years and be ready to stink for a few years after?

NOLAJM504

-McNucca-
Reaction score
7 or 8 would do just fine.. and be well worth it.
Yes, however a word of caution. Spending three first rounders on someone who has even a remote possibility of retiring in 4-6 years is would be the definition of too many eggs in one basket.

Will Survive

Veteran Starter
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Personally I think that 3 1st is a steal to have him end every interview with Who Dat, and never have to hear "go hawks" again.

But that's just me 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)