Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (2 Viewers)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
I said no player was worth more than 2 firsts and a 3rd.

I mean, I would hope you'd be lying.

Two firsts and a third would be the minimum for guys like Wilson and Watson.

And guys of Mahomes' calibre are priceless. Seriously, there is no amount of picks that the Chiefs would take in exchange for Patrick Mahomes, not for the foreseeable future (8+ years). Hell, I'd argue even Watson is in this category too, the only reason the Texans would trade him is because he wouldn't play for them otherwise.

If you can snag a top 3 quarterback, there's just no feasible reason to let him go. Quarterbacks literally alter franchises by being good or bad.

I'd love to see Russell Wilson in the black & gold, but the Saints have done too much mortgaging of their future in order to make the Superbowl in the present. For a variety of reasons it hasn't worked out and now they're 100 million over the cap. I don't think it's a good strategy to keep kicking the can down the road with both cap & picks.

I'd love to see Russell Wilson in the black & gold, but the Saints have done too much mortgaging of their future in order to make the Superbowl in the present. For a variety of reasons it hasn't worked out and now they're 100 million over the cap. I don't think it's a good strategy to keep kicking the can down the road with both cap & picks.
What do you hope to achieve with those picks? Would you not be happy if one of those 3 led to a franchise quarterback at least 80% of what Wilson or Watson bring?

Does a crackhead want another hit?

tenor.gif

What do you hope to achieve with those picks? Would you not be happy if one of those 3 led to a franchise quarterback at least 80% of what Wilson or Watson bring?
I would but given the attrition the Saints are likely see this year due to the cap, we may need those picks to rebuild. If the Saints were close to the cap then 3 picks for Wilson is a no-brainer. Given the cap situation, I think it's too much of a risk.

If thats the price, and the price for Watson is the same, I go Watson all day. Youth.

Yeah...I'm going to strongly disagree there. Russell Wilson is better...and this team could win now. And Watson has a significantly higher probability of injury than Wilson. Wilson is incredibly durable. He likely has another 8 strong years left in him. I'm not convinced that Watson is going to have that many strong years in him because he likes to escape the pocket and get hit...and he's frame is much more concerning than Wilson.

Not saying either will happen, but if we're talking about 3 first rounders, would you rather have Wilson or Watson?

Wilson. I've been a huge fan of his forever. He'd step right in and be prime Brees in this offense. You simply can't do better than that. I also trust he will stay healthy much more than Watson...who is skinny and likes to take hits.

No player is worth setting back your depth for a decade or more. Nope...

Three first round picks for an established veteran Quarterback with at least five more years of extremely productive football left in the tank who could end up in the Hall of Fame or play QB roulette like the Browns did for two decades...

Man, that's such a hard decision...

Yes, Wilson's contract is flat out cheap. Even after the salary cap purge this year the Saints still should have enough talent in their prime to compete for a Superbowl. The Saints hit on their 2017 first rounders but their last two haven't been that impressive so far.

Agreed, plus I think adding Russ puts the value of our next 3-4 first rounders at the end of the first round each of those years. Especially with the cap likely to rebound after this year in a huge way we can fill holes with free agency and later round picks.

Agreed, plus I think adding Russ puts the value of our next 3-4 first rounders at the end of the first round each of those years. Especially with the cap likely to rebound after this year in a huge way we can fill holes with free agency and later round picks.

I'm starting to warm up to this idea, I still think it's very unlikely to happen, but if we could swing it without mortgaging the whole future...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom