Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
Welcome to late February, when actually nothing happens and tons of air time to fill.

Don’t take this as a fact. It is pure speculation.

Speculation as 3 first rounders as a starting point, although I think it is not likely he will be trade without having a better backup plan besides Geno Smith.

And remember, Miami has multiple early picks plus Tua. Jets have also have early picks plus Sam Darnold.

And even with offers like that, I don’t think he will be traded.

Welcome to late February, when actually nothing happens and tons of air time to fill.

Don’t take this as a fact. It is pure speculation.

Speculation as 3 first rounders as a starting point, although I think it is not likely he will be trade without having a better backup plan besides Geno Smith.

And remember, Miami has multiple early picks plus Tua. Jets have also have early picks plus Sam Darnold.

And even with offers like that, I don’t think he will be traded.

So is that a yes or no?

There is not a draft pick or three or four that’s not worth Rus Wilson. He’s a MVP in our offense and makes us SB ready day 1.

So even though it won’t happen... yeah why not. Lol
That's what I never understood. Draft picks are nothing more than HUGE gambles. It's like saying, " no thanks, we don't arguably a top 5 qb in this league who is a PROVEN winner, we'll just rather play Russian roulette and HOPE we pick a guy that doesn't turn out to be a bust.

The Saints' super bowl window (WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER) is 3-4 years.

The superstars who makes this roster a superbowl caliber team aren't going to be 23 year olds forever.

Kamara is almost 26 (so, maybe 4 more years of good play left due to RB shelf life?), CGM is almost 28 (so, maybe 3 more years of good play left?), Cam is almost 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?), DD is 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?).

Point is, I understand trading for Wilson "will set us back for years (...let's say maybe 3 years)"....But, if your superbowl window is already 3 years anyways, then why not trade for him?

Why is it important to keep those 3 first rounders if you believe your current roster is already super-bowl ready with Wilson? I personally don't see the need for those 3 first round picks. Remember, you still have your 2nd and 3rd round picks to work with in the draft...

Someone help me with this logic. I don't mind if you disagree, but do explain why my logic is wrong.

Last edited:
I say yes mainly because you will have Wilson under contract for 3 years at 23.3 mil/yr. You are getting around a 15 mil/yr discount over three years. It's not an easy decision though.

If you are landing Ramczyk's and Lattimore's in the first, them on a rookie contract is extremely valuable.

If you are landing Rankins's and Davenport's you didn't get much out of their rookie contracts.

I'll be okay with it. I'd pull the trigger for the sure thing and the importance of the position.

Done. But I’m sure they gonna want a starting player also. And it’s still done. Send them Peat or Armstead

Not saying either will happen, but if we're talking about 3 first rounders, would you rather have Wilson or Watson?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom