Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
Not saying either will happen, but if we're talking about 3 first rounders, would you rather have Wilson or Watson?

He's younger and has 4 years left on his contract, but you get hardly any trade discount. You are almost picking up that whole contract like he was a FA. I want to say Watson for the youth but I think our situation fits Wilson better.

Yes, without a second thought.

Ask yourself this. Would you have traded 3 1st round picks for 27-year old Drew Brees in 2006? Obviously, he was a FA, but that’s besides the point. There’s no price I wouldn’t have paid for Brees.

Three 1st rounders for Russell Wilson is a bargain.

I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. This gives us another 10+ years of MVP-level QB play. Look at what Stafford brought in and he's not nearly as good as Wilson.
Russell Wilson is 32, so I doubt he will give us 10+ years. Considering a large portion of his value is his elusiveness and his rushing ability, I think it is safe to say he will start to decline soon. He isn't strictly a running QB, but he creates a lot by extending plays, and that will decline with age much quicker than QBs that excel with quick reads and releases. He might turn out to be an ironman, but his style makes him riskier, and none of us know when that decline will have a big impact on his game. He is still playing at a high level, but I think he's only a short term QB solution. I'd feel differently if he was winning now largely as a pocket QB, like Stafford. Stafford can play his style for 10 more years, but Wilson has to change his style to continue to excel, and we don't know if he'll be able to adjust his game. While all 3 first rounders could be a bust, that is unlikely. Wilson is great, but given his style, at his age, I don't think he is worth 3 first rounders. Seattle knows that, and is trying to unload him while he is still valuable, but his stock will start declining soon.

Three first round picks for Wilson? I would definitely jump on that in a heart beat. Same for Watson as well.

This deal is simply someone's opinion that has no affiliation with the Seahawks. If Wilson actually goes on the trading block, those three picks is probably the starting point once other clubs get involved.

I probably would. The QB situation would be solved and not be talked about again for a long time. I wouldn't like not having a 1st for three years, but I think we'd get along better than having an iffy QB situation for who knows how long if our current plan doesn't pan out. With Wilson, we're more than likely talking three very late 1sts, so it wouldn't be as steep a price as some teams might pay.

Here's wishful thinking:

What if the teams that actually need QBs (teams selecting in the top 5 + the 49ers) somehow ends up drafting their QB in the first round....With that in mind, add that to all of the other teams who are selecting later in the draft and don't need a QB anymore/ have already found their QB (ex: Stafford example). Because, correct me if I am wrong...I've never seen a bottom team draft a QB with a top 10 pick...and then, trade for another star QB in that same offseason?

Think about it--If you were a GM of one of those bottom 5 teams: You draft your QB. Would you then trade your future 3 first round picks after that in the same offseason for Watson/Wilson afterwards?

Based on that scenario, it only leaves us in play at that point...Right? I really think that's what the Saints are doing right now. They're waiting. Lol...Maybe then, those teams (like Seattle/Houston) will have no choice but to trade to N.O. if their QB still wants out...because no other team will be in a position and would want to trade their future first round picks in addition to already selecting their QB in this year's draft.

Side note: No coach would talk so high of their potential QB (Winston), but then turns around and make a call to Seattle for Wilson? Think about it--Why would you do that if you were 100% set on Jameis in the first place? UNLESS you're not. I don't think Coach Payton was/is set on Jameis because of this reason. Jameis still might be the Saints QB though, I'm not rejecting that scenario---But if he is, it will by default.

I've digressed, but it all ties together.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom