Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
Russell Wilson is 32, so I doubt he will give us 10+ years. Considering a large portion of his value is his elusiveness and his rushing ability, I think it is safe to say he will start to decline soon. He isn't strictly a running QB, but he creates a lot by extending plays, and that will decline with age much quicker than QBs that excel with quick reads and releases. He might turn out to be an ironman, but his style makes him riskier, and none of us know when that decline will have a big impact on his game. He is still playing at a high level, but I think he's only a short term QB solution. I'd feel differently if he was winning now largely as a pocket QB, like Stafford. Stafford can play his style for 10 more years, but Wilson has to change his style to continue to excel, and we don't know if he'll be able to adjust his game. While all 3 first rounders could be a bust, that is unlikely. Wilson is great, but given his style, at his age, I don't think he is worth 3 first rounders. Seattle knows that, and is trying to unload him while he is still valuable, but his stock will start declining soon.

While I see, and agree with what you are saying, I believe that in NO his style will immediately change.

Because he won't be scrambling for his life! Seattle OL and NO OL are two very different scenarios!

Yes. Chances of any of those first rounders being as impactful as RUSS almost nonexistent. Its hard to draft three first rounders that would have the combined impact of Wilson

If the Saints are going to continue to be good deep into the future they have to get lucky in the draft. But I wouldn’t be opposed to giving up 3 firsts for Wilson.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but if it DID happen...no one in 2018 would have predicted that in a few years, the NFC South will be a contest between...Tom Brady and Russell Wilson.

We could win now with Wilson under center. Who knows how he would remain elite for. Until he's 36? 40?

3 firsts is a lot and it would impact our ability to build teams around Wilson 2 or 3 years from now.

I'd rether have Watson just because of age. And who knows, maybe the sky is the limit with Winston.

No. That would set us back years. I'd rather see what JW can do.

You think losing three first round picks would set us back years? You know we'd be getting Russell Wilson in return right? Having the perfect fit for SP's offense might offset the loss of those picks. And there's no guarantee that those three picks would be great players. I'd rather have the sure thing now. The player that instantly makes us a Super Bowl contender.

And another thing to consider is that the Saints have done some of their best work later in the draft.

I’d take Russell Wilson over Deshaun Watson right now... even if the price to get them was the exact same. Wilson is truly special and a proven winner and franchise QB.

IDK about that. Russ is an absolute winner but if the price for DW and Russ were the same... give me Watson. DW has a trash team with no blocking and led the league in passing. Russ had DK, Lockett and a couple other weapons and looked terrible for the whole second half of the season.

Russ has won, but I'd attribute that run that they had to the defense... it wasn't Russ. It hasn't been Russ. To me... DW has the better upside he just needs a team around him (as does any QB), and his age is probably the biggest draw for me.

Just my opinion. No shade at Russ... but give me DW.

Absolutely! We have most pieces in place already and our o-line is considerably better than the Seahawks.

Wilson is one of the better QBs in the game but three 1st round picks for a 32 year old QB is a really steep price. I think you comfortably could expect a five or six year window and then it's a question of how his skills, and his desire to keep playing, hold up as he closes in on 40. Brady is the outlier when it comes to age.

He would definitely keep us competitive from the QB position for a few years, but that is where teasing out expectations would stop for me. He'd be leaving a good situation for another good situation, as a top QB following one of the best to ever play. If we've learned anything these past fifteen years, it should be that great QB play keeps the team relevant and competitive, but it takes more to win championships. Mortgaging that much of the most valuable pieces of draft capital for the back half of a QB's career is a lot riskier than I think some are making it out to be. Especially given that such a deal would diminish the ability to acquire complementary talent to get the most out of his playing time here. Players bust but let's not act like first round picks aren't a highly valued commodity for good reason.

For three 1st round picks, this isn't a no-brainer scenario to me. It's Russell Wilson, so no way I'd hate his being here were it to happen, but if that's the price, it's awfully high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom