Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (2 Viewers)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
IDK about that. Russ is an absolute winner but if the price for DW and Russ were the same... give me Watson. DW has a trash team with no blocking and led the league in passing. Russ had DK, Lockett and a couple other weapons and looked terrible for the whole second half of the season.

Russ has won, but I'd attribute that run that they had to the defense... it wasn't Russ. It hasn't been Russ. To me... DW has the better upside he just needs a team around him (as does any QB), and his age is probably the biggest draw for me.

Just my opinion. No shade at Russ... but give me DW.
I think Watson is worth 3 first rounders, but not Wilson. Wilson has been a great QB, but Watson had a great year last year, and he has improved steadily every year, while Wilson is bound to start declining soon. Watson is 7 years younger, so he probably would give us 10+ years playing his current style, while we would be lucky to get 5 years from Wilson playing his current style.

Heres the way I see it.

3 1st round picks =

1 you wouldve spent on a QB at some point, and you have no idea if that guy would be legit. There is no concern with Wilson. You win that one. 32 doesnt bother me anymore. He has at least 5 elite years left. Long enough for this core to age out anyway.

You spent 2 on Davenport. Enough said.

You get Wilson and maintain the talent, or close, on offense, you are going to be a playoff team all 3 of those years you dont have a 1st. Chances are Wilson can win a playoff game with this offense. So you are likely picking 24 or later each of the next 2 years anyway.

Theres no way to justify NOT throwing 3 1s at Seattle. If you were a rebuilding team that doesnt have the pieces in place, and you are drafting in the top 10 all 3 years, then maybe you think about it. But this team is ready to win, and would have late 1st round picks anyway.

It’s expensive but even first rounders are coin flips to be difference makers. Wilson keeps us in the championship discussion, so yeah, you do that deal without question.

Insert shut up and take my money meme

Considering the fact that all 3 of those picks would be late 1st rounders, yes.
Our last 3 1st rounders were Davenport and Ruiz.

I'd trade that all day for Wilson.

If Wilson was still in his mid 20’s then yes, now hell no. A 1st and a 2nd maybe but 3-1st rd picks is ridiculous

If we can keep Lattimore, Williams and Ram via signing extensions or new contract in Williams case, I would consider strongly giving up the 3 1st round choices. My reasoning is that if we can keep these three key young guys, along with the already signed Thomas and Kamara, then we would already have a young and very talented nucleus to build around Wilson. No question Wilson is a guy, with tools around him and a strong offensive line, that can get us to a Superbowl and drafts choices are always hit or misses.

Agreed. One rough season and we can splurge for a top rated QB in 22. Lets see what JW can do.

The Saints are in such a weird situation right now. They have too much talent up and down the roster to have a really rough season. I'm talking about rough enough to wind up in a position to take one of the best QB prospects. Usually you have to be in the top 5-10 range to be within striking distance but with Winston (or even Taysom), I don't see this team winning only 4 or 5 games.

So they'll be stuck in the early to mid teens and have to trade god only knows to move up and take one of the top QBs. And then they have to hope and pray that he's the guy. Or they could just bite the bullet now and trade for one of the best QBs in football.

It's a moot point though. Wilson probably isn't going to be traded and if he is, it will be for more than just 3 first rounders.

Considering the fact that all 3 of those picks would be late 1st rounders, yes.
Our last 3 1st rounders were Davenport and Ruiz.

I'd trade that all day for Wilson.

My question is if you owned Wilson, or Watson for that matter, would you even take what would probably be 3 1st round picks at 25 or later for him?

If Wilson was still in his mid 20’s then yes, now hell no. A 1st and a 2nd maybe but 3-1st rd picks is ridiculous

32 is the new 26 for NFL QBs. He isnt old at 32. Brees isnt as athletic as Wilson, doesnt have the same arm and played until 42 (assuming he is done). Brady has won 4 Super Bowls since he turned 37. Rodgers won the MVP this year at 37. Manning was productive through his age 38 season.

5 years of elite level QB play, with enough core talent to win a SB, take the 3 1s. I wouldnt TAKE 3 late 1st round picks for him if I were Seattle. Considering our last 3 first round picks are Davenport and Ruiz...youre telling me you wouldnt give that up for 5 years of elite QB play?

There's quite a bit of selective reading in regards to the compensation for Wilson. Did you guys miss the part where it said 3 first round picks to "start"? They're obviously going to want to get more picks than that.

Very easy choice IMO. He’s a franchise QB that still has a lot of years left in the tank and that shoulder has low mileage since the Hawks barely pass the ball.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

He is worth 3 1st round picks.

Deshaun Watson is overrated. Russel Wilson is worth all 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom