Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
My question is if you owned Wilson, or Watson for that matter, would you even take what would probably be 3 1st round picks at 25 or later for him?
Probably not, unless we are the only team willing to cough up the picks.

The Saints' super bowl window (WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER) is 3-4 years.

The superstars who makes this roster a superbowl caliber team aren't going to be 23 year olds forever.

Kamara is almost 26 (so, maybe 4 more years of good play left due to RB shelf life?), CGM is almost 28 (so, maybe 3 more years of good play left?), Cam is almost 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?), DD is 32 (so, maybe 2 more years left?).

Point is, I understand trading for Wilson "will set us back for years (...let's say maybe 3 years)"....But, if your superbowl window is already 3 years anyways, then why not trade for him?

Why is it important to keep those 3 first rounders if you believe your current roster is already super-bowl ready with Wilson? I personally don't see the need for those 3 first round picks. Remember, you still have your 2nd and 3rd round picks to work with in the draft...

Someone help me with this logic. I don't mind if you disagree, but do explain why my logic is wrong.
You got it bro. I agree. If the idea is the window is now. Then use the window. Cause it’s gonna close. Your going to have to totally rebuild anyways.

I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. This gives us another 10+ years of MVP-level QB play. Look at what Stafford brought in and he's not nearly as good as Wilson.
Are we just assuming everyone is going to play till 43 now?

I WANT RUSSELL WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHODAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is not a draft pick... or three.... or four.... that’s not worth Rus Wilson. He’s an instant MVP in our offense, and makes us SB ready on day 1.

So even though it won’t happen... yeah! Why not? Lol

Pretty much where I'm at as well.

Nope, but I'm assuming RW will.

:sir-saint:
Wilson is a running QB, so you can’t compare him to pocket QBs to surmise how long he will play. Pocket QBs are highly protected, but once they start running, they lose that protection. Also, people slow down so their running becomes less effective.

I get the arguments people are making about the surety of Wilson today making him worth 3 late first rounders, but there is no surety if he has to change his style to extend his career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom