Report: teams believe Seahawks want 3 1st-rounders in a deal for Wilson to start [Speculation]. Would you do it? (2 Viewers)

Would you give up three first-round picks for Russ?

• Yes

Votes: 304 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 127 29.5%

• Total voters
I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. This gives us another 10+ years of MVP-level QB play. Look at what Stafford brought in and he's not nearly as good as Wilson.
Absolutely. To get a franchise QB we would have to draft a number one, then stink for 3 years while he grows up. (See Bills.) So you lose a number one anyway, means the additional cost is two number ones...would you give up 2 number ones to continue to be a Super Bowl contender? Of course.

Of all the potentially available QBs in the league Wilson strikes me as the most plug and play candidate, and he can give us 10 good years. Like getting Drew Brees 2011 edition back.

Easy. Do it now.

Wilson is a running QB, so you can’t compare him to pocket QBs to surmise how long he will play. Pocket QBs are highly protected, but once they start running, they lose that protection. Also, people slow down so their running becomes less effective.

I get the arguments people are making about the surety of Wilson today making him worth 3 late first rounders, but there is no surety if he has to change his style to extend his career.
A running QB? Just, wow.

I mean if you can keep the rest of our team intact for a couple years and be ready to stink for a few years after?

7 or 8 would do just fine.. and be well worth it.
Yes, however a word of caution. Spending three first rounders on someone who has even a remote possibility of retiring in 4-6 years is would be the definition of too many eggs in one basket.

Personally I think that 3 1st is a steal to have him end every interview with Who Dat, and never have to hear "go hawks" again.

But that's just me 😁

A running QB? Just, wow.
He runs for over 400 yards almost every season, and almost had 900 one season. Brees has less than 800 yards in his whole career! Wilson isn't a run first QB, but he is a scrambling QB that runs a lot. He is not a pocket QB, which are the ones that will have the longest careers. He doesn't take off every other play, which would greatly shorten his career, but he still relies a lot on his running and scrambling ability, which will decline with age much quicker than his arm.

Last edited:
No player is worth setting back your depth for a decade or more. Nope...

A decade? Cmon now. I mean I wouldn't make the trade either but a decade is a bit much. Nobody said trade all 7 picks for 3 straight years... just the 1st (that will be in the late 20s/early 30s).

Yes, however a word of caution. Spending three first rounders on someone who has even a remote possibility of retiring in 4-6 years is would be the definition of too many eggs in one basket.

I would hate to see the best years of CGM, Karama et al. wasted because we can't find a QB. We need to strike while the iron is hot and while our stars are still on the roster. But the team is not SB caliber without a top-ten QB. Getting Wilson extends the SB window.

IF people actually paid attention to the amount of comp picks we have for this season and next, the idea of giving away 3 late 1st rounders isn't that big of a deal. IF we wanted to trade back into the 1st, we have plenty of ammo to do it with.

Our 1st rounders outside of 2017 have been pretty abysmal anyways.

Absolutely would do it. He's proven himself year after year. Durable, productive, clutch, and a great leader and human being. As good as we are in drafting and free agency, three firsts would not be a large price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom