Report: Urban Meyer Knew Of Domestic Violence Allegations Against Zach Smith (1 Viewer)

I’m no Urban Meyer fan.. but i fail to understand how him knowing about this is a fireable offense.. it’s not like he did the hitting.. i’m not attempting to be contrarian, but i’m obviously missing something, since the majority of people i’ve talked with about this today, as well as what i’m reading online, the prevailing opinion is that he should be gone.

All that said, i’m really ****ed that it wasnt Nick Saban instead.

I’m no Urban Meyer fan.. but i fail to understand how him knowing about this is a fireable offense.. it’s not like he did the hitting.. i’m not attempting to be contrarian, but i’m obviously missing something, since the majority of people i’ve talked with about this today, as well as what i’m reading online, the prevailing opinion is that he should be gone.

It could be firable due to this:
What's unknown is if Ohio State was in violation of Title IX, which states: discrimination on the basis of sex, can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities.

The Ohio State University's sexual misconduct policy also may have been violated. Included in the Employees Duty to Report section it says:

"anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students, or volunteers" is responsible "in addition to the requirement of reporting incidents of sexual assault, the following members of the university community have an additional obligation to report all other incidents of sexual misconduct, when they receive a disclosure of sexual misconduct or become aware of information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that sexual misconduct may have occurred involving anyone covered under this policy. These individuals must report the incident within five work days of becoming aware of such information."

If Urban Meyer knew about the domestic violence issues, he may have violated his contract and could be fired with cause. The contract says he must "promptly report to Ohio State's Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty or staff."

It's here:
View: https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

If he knew and did nothing, he allowed for it to carry on. He should leave for that.

I’m sure they’re working out the details of his release.

Bet Joe Burrow is feeling pretty smart right about now.

Where did he beat his wife, in Meyer's office? This really seems beyond the scope of what Title IX should be.

There goes our inside source for drafting Ohio state players. Coach p and urban are friends

His position requires that he's a Mandated reporter which means he is legally required to ensure a report is made when abuse is observed or suspected.

It's two things in my opinion. For starters, its a cumulative effect. Meyer has a history of overlooking off field issues in favor of keeping talent on the field (i.e. fielding known gang members at Florida, Meyer publicly disagreeing with a player being suspended by the University for harassment of a tutor, etc). So that costs him some benefit of the doubt that another coach might would receive.

Secondly, love them or hate them, Ohio State puts up with zero shenanigans from their head coaches. Woody Hayes and Jim Tressel stand as witnesses to that fact. Doesn't matter how good you are. Don't get caught skirting the rules there, or punching a Clemson player, and expect to keep your job.

Oh, oh, the chest pains!! I need to take a year off and then recover in time for my next $7 million dollar hire.

Tressel's thought bubble: "f me, I had to leave for covering up memorabilia sales"

Hmm, maybe Jim Jordan will take over as Head Corch.

No matter what happens at The college that emphasizes the The, Harbaugh is still a poser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom