Reporter: "You're not playing for the playoffs in your 16th season Drew, what are you playing for?" (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Drew's answer: "Are you kidding me? I'm playing for a lot of things, I'm playing for my teammates. Um, I'm playing for the lord, I'm playing for my wife, my kids. I'm playing for all those people who have gotten me to this point. I play for the love of the game. Do I need to go on?"

Source: Inside the NFL highlights on NFL Network (Brees was mic'd up).

"We gotta play 'em one day at a time. I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out."

6d3497a8e06f69dd1af62f12d27392cf.jpg

Yeah that's a stupid question it's his job. I would of ask him why you walking around askind dumb-*********** questions.

My response would have been: "You're a field reporter for a major media conglomerate and have very little chance to ever be promoted...what exactly are you asking questions for?"

Drew's answer is awesome, but I'd have accepted him saying, "I'm playing quarterback for the New Orleans Saints because that's my job regardless of our playoff positioning."

I don't even like to lose to my wife at pool. I suck at pool and she doesn't suck at pool. But when I play her, I play balls out. I wanna win. And I"m not a pro. To be a pro, winning evidently is one of your core values or regardless of your talent, you wouldn't be a pro. Brees is one of the most pro pro's on earth. And you're asking him what he's playing for?

I also don't like to lose at battleship vs my 7 year old. Not saying I'm keeping track, but since he got the game for Christmas, he's up 4-6.

Think Brees gives a flip about draft position? I don't... Think Brees cares about not having a losing season for the first time in 3 years? I do.

I guess I don't see what is wrong. It's a simple question. He isn't saying there isn't anything to play for he is just asking Drew what he is playing for since it's not for the playoffs. We ask this question daily on the forum in some form or another.

I don't even like to lose to my wife at pool. I suck at pool and she doesn't suck at pool. But when I play her, I play balls out. I wanna win. And I"m not a pro. To be a pro, winning evidently is one of your core values or regardless of your talent, you wouldn't be a pro. Brees is one of the most pro pro's on earth. And you're asking him what he's playing for?

I also don't like to lose at battleship vs my 7 year old. Not saying I'm keeping track, but since he got the game for Christmas, he's up 4-6.

Think Brees gives a flip about draft position? I don't... Think Brees cares about not having a losing season for the first time in 3 years? I do.

Good post, though I wonder if something like "playing my best game" or "giving it my all" isn't more the pro mentality
Tbc I'm sure any pro will take a lucky win when they had a bad game vs losing in a game were they played great
But I doubt any pro football player goes into a season clearing to be 16-0 after 17 weeks
I would think managed expectations are part of being a pro

And there's people on here wanting the team to quit and tank against the ****ing FALCONS of all teams for a higher draft pick that could end up being the next Sullivan. :jpshakehead:

I'm glad Drew didn't tear into this ***hat too hard (because I'm sure that's what the reporter was looking for, a sound bite) but if he would've, it certainly would've been warranted. What a mindlessly stupid question.

And there's people on here wanting the team to quit and tank against the ****ing FALCONS of all teams for a higher draft pick that could end up being the next Sullivan. :jpshakehead:

I'm glad Drew didn't tear into this ***hat too hard (because I'm sure that's what the reporter was looking for, a sound bite) but if he would've, it certainly would've been warranted. What a mindlessly stupid question.

No one wants the players to tank.

Some of us just don't think the best players should be on the field.

None of those things Drew said he's playing for matter to me. Of course, I'm not playing. I just don't think Drew should be playing either.

None of the things Drew said he was playing for should matter to the people running the team.

"Are you kidding me?" Is probably the closest nice guy Brees has ever come to telling somebody to go blank them self

Either that reporter was trolling for a provocative sound byte, or he is not smart enough to be a reporter. Was he smiling when he asked the question? If not, he needs to find a new occupation.

No one wants the players to tank.

Some of us just don't think the best players should be on the field.

None of those things Drew said he's playing for matter to me. Of course, I'm not playing. I just don't think Drew should be playing either.

None of the things Drew said he was playing for should matter to the people running the team.

When the players and coaches are on the carpet being fired, they don't get any alibis for meaningless games. The guy doing the firing will say he is what his record says he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom