Responsibility for D falls on Payton (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sick of him being the "offensive guy" and responsibility to field a competent D falls on the DC. No, the HC assumes responsibility for the entire team. The Saints special teams and defense have been historically bad for years, yet Payton survives because the offense is spectacular. That's because Brees, whose career has been largely squandered, has dragged this team kicking and screaming to every good thing they've ever achieved.

The drums need to start beating for another HC. He's not the genius he appears to be. He just has a top 5 all time QB.

It's week 1.

Save it for the offseason. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

I'm sick of him being the "offensive guy" and responsibility to field a competent D falls on the DC. No, the HC assumes responsibility for the entire team. The Saints special teams and defense have been historically bad for years, yet Payton survives because the offense is spectacular. That's because Brees, whose career has been largely squandered, has dragged this team kicking and screaming to every good thing they've ever achieved.

The drums need to start beating for another HC. He's not the genius he appears to be. He just has a top 5 all time QB.

The special teams have no been historically bad at any point. The defense? Yes. Ever since the suspension year, as a matter of fact.

My hatred for John Jenkins was justified again today ... that big 60+ yd TD by the raiders 3rd string RB came by his side where he got tossed around easily as usual by their left guard AS USUAL ... people love him on this forum ... dunno why

Yep!

My hatred for John Jenkins was justified again today ... that big 60+ yd TD by the raiders 3rd string RB came by his side where he got tossed around easily as usual by their left guard AS USUAL ... people love him on this forum ... dunno why

Dude is slow, weak and lazy.:covri:

It's week 1.

Save it for the offseason. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

Here we go with "It's just the first week of the season" crap. It'll be just the 10 week of the season before long and we will be 2 and 8 with an attitude like that.

The special teams have no been historically bad at any point. The defense? Yes. Ever since the suspension year, as a matter of fact.
Morestead is a plus. The FG kicking game a big negative for all of the Payton years except 2009.

Coverage seems better this year but historically was ranked bottom half. Return game in years without Roby or Reggie Bush or PT taking kicks has also been blah.

Murphy showed nothing today.

Net our special teams doesn't add much and the FG kicking game weighs heavy.

Matter of fact? The defense was halfway decent in 2013, AFTER the suspension. It was god awful virtually every year aside from 2009 (don't give me 2013, because the best indicator of effectiveness on D is turnovers which we were bottom 5).

maybe our defensive players just suck? how many coordinators are we gonna have?

Well, buddy, how many coaches get a pass because "his players just suck"? Come on!

I think this is the truth. It's tough.

Payton calls the shots. For whatever reason, he can't get the defensive side of the ball in a good spot.

Amazing offense. Terribad defense. It's to be expected under Sean

So, who is the head coach to replace Payton then? Never see anyone suggest anyone.

Probably don't even have the slightest idea.
Lol.

Who was going to replace Haslett and take job in a flooded city?

Nothing will happen this year and I doubt after unless we start giving up 40 burger every week, but there is someone out there you just have to start the process.

Payton and Loomis need a true football GM over them, someone proven who makes the final personnel decisions and coaching hires and staffing decisions to build a defense. If Payton wouldn't work under that arrangement then time has come to an end because he doesn't know defense and also needs more help feeling the running game.

He's gotten results with Brees on the offense so his competency is OC, not managing defense, evaluating kickers or managing time outs.

Morestead is a plus. The FG kicking game a big negative for all of the Payton years except 2009.

Coverage seems better this year but historically was ranked bottom half. Return game in years without Roby or Reggie Bush or PT taking kicks has also been blah.

Murphy showed nothing today.

Net our special teams doesn't add much and the FG kicking game weighs heavy.

He said historically bad. Our special teams have been nothing of the kind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom