Rest in Peace, Mr. Mardi Gras (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at Mardi Gras world. It sucked when he and Jr. were at each other for control of the company. He's as much responsible for Mardi Gras being famous as the krewes themselves. He'll be solely missed.

There might not be a more important person to Mardi Gras.

Damn, I hope the city can have a social distance second line for him.

Just heard on the radio. I didn't know he was 93

He was a client of mine. Wonderfully pleasant man. First meeting he saw my family photo (at the time just my oldest) and in 10 min had drawn a caricature, with pen, sitting at my desk, of her and signed it. She still has in her room 8 years later.

RIP BK Sr.

I admit my memory of the details is hazy, but wasn't there an inter-family dispute that could almost rival the Benson's?

Maybe 15 or so years ago my wife and I were at Oakwood mall. She’s shopping and so I grab a seat on a bench by myself to wait. Kern just comes up and sits next to me, introduces himself, and we proceed to have a 45 minute conversation about everything and nothing at all.

Now, that is definitely not me — I have a pretty withering stare and vibe when a stranger jumps into my personal space but he just barreled right through that. He certainly was showy (with a REALLY bad toupee) and more than a bit full of himself, but he was just so genuine in his friendliness that he totally won me over. Turned out to be one of the nicest “stranger” encounters in my life. No doubt, there are thousands out there with similar stories.

I like who I am but I admit that occasionally I envy those like Kern who just seem to really enjoy the human race. Sad to see him go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom