Rest In Peace Roger Ebert. (1 Viewer)

Whether I agreed with his views or not (on movies or social issues), I almost always found his insights unique and very accessible. Over the years, he did make me look at movies in a different way. Not sure who my "go-to" critic will be now.

Bummer. I always liked reading his reviews, even if he hated on Blade Runner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Two thumbs up on a great career...except for giving Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure a thumb down.

But he gave SpaceBalls a good review. Roger was a good movie reviewer who pretty much was not afraid to call out the director if movie really stunk.

The Siskel-Ebert show is still one of the top shows in television history.

His review of "North" was legendary.

"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

9. The Brown Bunny (2003)

"I had a colonoscopy once, and they let me watch it on TV. It was more entertaining than The Brown Bunny." — Roger Ebert

And Vincent Gallo, the director of The Brown Bunny, responded by putting a cancer related hex on Ebert. I think he later apologized, but i seem to recall Ebert saying something like, "No matter what happens to me, Gallo will always be the director of the Brown Bunny."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom