Restaurant/Bar Review Thread (1 Viewer)

JeffDaSaintsGuy

Official SR Twitter Team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know there is an older thread that covers some of this, but with the ever evolving culinary environment, I thought it was time to start again for the 2011-12 football season. Give the SR.com community your best reviews of any restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.

JUICY LUCY'S
133 N. Carrollton (across the street from Venizia)
Type: Casual dining / Burgers

I came across this place on NOLA.com on Friday and decided to check it out. We got there around 8:30pm and the place was packed. The plus side was that since since it was just my wife and I, we were seated almost immediately.

I ordered the "Juicy Gitty" (burger stuffed with sauteed onions, mushrooms and baby swiss) and my wife ordered the "Juicy Ninth Ward Blues" (stuffed with sauteed onions, mushrooms and Bleu cheese). I wanted to try the original Juicy Lucy (stuffed with American cheese) but I tried to order it with cheddar instead. The waitress told me that this could not be done since their burgers are pre-stuffed in the morning. Although I was disappointed that I could not customize my stuffed burger, it probably turned out for the best. My burger (and my wife's burger) were absolutely fantastic. The burger itself was not small (or too big) and was very juicy and full of flavor. It was served with a well ripened tomato slice, an arugula lettuce mix and a perfectly toasted but soft and puffy bun. Equally as amazing were the onion rings that accompanied my burger which were reminiscent of the old Popeye's onion rings, but without the grease.

The only drawbacks the the place were the noise level and the fact that it took about 35 minutes to get my check. Once I did get a hold of my waitress and explained that we had been waiting for an awfully long time, she gave me a very sincere apology and took our cocktails off of the bill as a recovery.

I will be going back SOON!!

Price Range: $10-15

Atmosphere: 2 (Fair)
Service: 3 1/2 (Very Good)
Food: 4 (Excellent)

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom