Restomods (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
In thinking of what my dream car would be, I think it would be some type of restomod. I love the body styles from the 30's, 40's, and 50's but I would want modern power train, suspension, infotainment and interior.
I know a lot of people like old cars to be all original, but I don't really care about all of that. I would rather the modern stuff in an old looking car.

Last edited:
what an outré topic amidst all the viral/racial/political tension here

bravo

I get where you are coming from, but I don't know about anything touching the dashboard, much less an infotainment system. I am sure there are criminal laws against doing that to a dashboard like this one:

57dash.jpg

I get where you are coming from, but I don't know about anything touching the dashboard, much less an infotainment system. I am sure there are criminal laws against doing that to a dashboard like this one:

57dash.jpg
There are companies that let you upgrade things like the radio but keep the factory look. I'm with the OP on old cars. Love the looks of old cars but everything about new cars is better. Brakes, engines, dependability, handling, fuel efficiency, etc etc......it's all better.

*googles restomod*

interesting that this is a thing - if i win the lottery, one of my gets would be some '60s chevy truck, but with completely modern engine and interior

I want one of those old big finned 50s/60s Caddys. Either that or the ZZ Top car. :yes:

I love this 1963 Dodge Polara that Boyd did. The interior does not have much modernization.

1963_dodge_polar_boyd_coddington_hot_rod_2.jpg

This thread sent me on the search again about a car my dad owned. I heard stories about that car my whole life growing up from him, my uncle's, and my grandparents. The thing is I can find no info online that matches the car. It was a 63 Dodge Phoenix with a 413 wedge. He always said it was a special order car but the only Phoenix I've found was an Australian car which would've been right hand drive and I know his wasn't because I saw pictures of it. Periodically over the years I've went on searches trying to figure it out and so far have had no luck finding anything that matches. There was a 60 Dodge dart Phoenix but that's not what he had...he had the smaller 63. Drives me crazy when I start looking.

This thread sent me on the search again about a car my dad owned. I heard stories about that car my whole life growing up from him, my uncle's, and my grandparents. The thing is I can find no info online that matches the car. It was a 63 Dodge Phoenix with a 413 wedge. He always said it was a special order car but the only Phoenix I've found was an Australian car which would've been right hand drive and I know his wasn't because I saw pictures of it. Periodically over the years I've went on searches trying to figure it out and so far have had no luck finding anything that matches. There was a 60 Dodge dart Phoenix but that's not what he had...he had the smaller 63. Drives me crazy when I start looking.

Something like this? Some have the hood intake, others don't have it.

1963-dodge-330-max-wedge-front-clean.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom