Restructuring of Drew Brees' contract now could create major headaches later (1 Viewer)

I realize this is a very unpopular opinion but while drew deserved n deserves every dollar he received, we will never field a complete team until after he's gone and his contract is off the books...

Our window is closed and at best, we'll be a great offense with a below average defense and right now I'm wondering how we're going to resign an average left tackle in Bushrod...

A great QB is a blessing and a curse at the same time... There's no way in the world you can let a guy like Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers walk but to pay them cripples the team...

The two teams in the Super Bowl were much more complete top to bottom then the saints and you can look at both teams qb's, both good QBs on there 1st contract... But after Flaco signs his new contact, they won't be able to keep that team together...

So much falsehood. U do know we are spending equal amounts on offense and defense? Yes. 50/50.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I realize this is a very unpopular opinion but while drew deserved n deserves every dollar he received, we will never field a complete team until after he's gone and his contract is off the books...

Our window is closed and at best, we'll be a great offense with a below average defense and right now I'm wondering how we're going to resign an average left tackle in Bushrod...

A great QB is a blessing and a curse at the same time... There's no way in the world you can let a guy like Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers walk but to pay them cripples the team...

The two teams in the Super Bowl were much more complete top to bottom then the saints and you can look at both teams qb's, both good QBs on there 1st contract... But after Flaco signs his new contact, they won't be able to keep that team together...

This isn't unpopular, it's bull ****.

This isn't unpopular, it's bull ****.

Only if you're looking at it with black and gold colored glasses....

No bigger saints fan then me... The offensive skilled positions are getting old, the o-line isn't great, our defense is a complete wreck and we're $20 million over the cap as I type...

To call this opinion "bull *****" is not being very objective...

I hope I'm completely wrong but its hard to look at our situation and say we're in great shape... If you can't say we're in great shape then how can we say the window is wide one for us????

No bigger saints fan then me... The offensive skilled positions are getting old, the o-line isn't great, our defense is a complete wreck and we're $20 million over the cap as I type...

I hope I'm completely wrong but its hard to look at our situation and say we're in great shape... If you can't say we're in great shape then how can we say the window is wide one for us????

And u think spending billions in FA will fix this. We need to draft better.....specifically on defense

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This whole black and gold glasses thing is tired.

A) we're closer to ten than twenty over the cap. See Lofton, Curtis. (13 may be the number)

B) Drew's contract isn't really a problem until the last two years of the deal, therefore two years until it is the cataclysmic event you're making it out to be today.

C) 2009-2011 this same team won 41 games. If the window wasn't closed before free agency last year then it isn't closed now.

The whole problem with this attitude of second guessing everything and saying we're screwed no matter what the situation with the caveat of "I hope I'm wrong" is that you're really just being lame and wanting to be able to say I told you so if we underperform and enjoy the spoil of riches when we win. Acting like Payton has built a perennial loser and that Drew has hamstrung us to the point of not being competitive is weak, unless you're going to keep complaining even when we win.

Winning cures everything... Losing exaggerates the problems.

If Payton had coached last year, they would have maybe started 2-2 at worst and won another game or two on top of the 7-5 they went after that.

At 10-6, the problems aren't that bad. At 7-9, they really are. They're the same problems, just stop worrying so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom