Results for those who would/would not watch the Texans/Chiefs game (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The thread with the poll got locked (for good reason) but here were the results of that poll. Not sure how that will translate to the general population but here it is (also for those who chose "Might leave it on in the background" I split the % points between will/won't watch. Admins please feel free to lock this thread now as I only wanted to post the results:

63% - Will definitely watch the game and the NFL this season
37% - Will not watch at all or will only watch the Saints games this season

I don't know that ratings will tell us much. I fully support the players in their movement for change, but i just don't care about football that much anymore.

What were the ratings like?

Overnight ratings for the game were down about 12-16% from the overnight ratings from last year. One game doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot though. KC/HOU blowout vs CHI/GB close game (but also poorly played).

Personally, I still think ratings overall will slightly drop because a lot of people like to attend parties or bars to watch games. If they sit at home to do it they might be more likely to change the channel if it's boring, or go do something else. Just overall less hype when you have a pandemic to worry about.

I had no plans to watch any of the game, but when got home from my daughter’s softball game, I did turn it on... I saw about 3 plays (one of which being David Johnson’s TD run).
Hearing Collinsworth’s voice reminded me of how much I can’t stand Collinsworth... and then I turned the channel and got ready for bed.

In the short time I was watching, it felt fake and forced... I think football (NFL football) might be ruined for me.

I had no plans to watch any of the game, but when got home from my daughter’s softball game, I did turn it on... I saw about 3 plays (one of which being David Johnson’s TD run).
Hearing Collinsworth’s voice reminded me of how much I can’t stand Collinsworth... and then I turned the channel and got ready for bed.

In the short time I was watching, it felt fake and forced... I think football (NFL football) might be ruined for me.
Well, good, you don't have to come back here anymore then. 🙂

Overnight ratings for the game were down about 12-16% from the overnight ratings from last year. One game doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot though. KC/HOU blowout vs CHI/GB close game (but also poorly played).

Personally, I still think ratings overall will slightly drop because a lot of people like to attend parties or bars to watch games. If they sit at home to do it they might be more likely to change the channel if it's boring, or go do something else. Just overall less hype when you have a pandemic to worry about.

All of this, plus no preseason and less training camp engagement reduces excitement coupled with a lot of people being in a bit of a shut-in daze. I think you'll have a more accurate idea of what ratings are like mid-season. It's going to be down early in the season because a lot of what builds the hype hasn't been able to happen. If it's still down midseason that may mean something more.

I’m sure I’m going to get negative reactions from this... even though I’m all for equality and 100% against all idiots and idiotic ideals... but this is going to be a factor in NFL ratings this year...

I’m sure I’m going to get negative reactions from this... even though I’m all for equality and 100% against all idiots and idiotic ideals... but this is going to be a factor in NFL ratings this year...

It almost makes me think that the fans booing were never really upset about "the flag" and were always really upset about the message.

This was bound to happen... I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think it has anything to do with "the messsage" or "disrespect"..... or whatever other divisionary excuse we want to harp on for today.

I am fine with players using their platform for their message....

For me it's pretty simple.... I watch football (and all sports in general) for it's entertainment purposes. It brings joy, excitement, a sense of belonging, and a general 3 hour break from all things that suck in my day to day grind...

Injecting and force feeding any kind of political movement, protests, or any sort of aired grievance (worthiness aside).... takes away from that experience.

If my streaming service decided to put on a MAGA infomercial right before everyone of my favorite songs plays on a certain station... I'd be just as turned away by that... and would tune out at some point.

There are 20 something other hours in the day where this can be done, and not suck the 3 hours "me time" out of my life I look forward to JUST to get away from this stuff.

I think most people can see that if they are looking objectively and without complete bias... There will be some exceptions... For myself... I am NOT saying "shut up and dribble"... By all means.... Speak Up! Just not while you dribble please.

"Injecting and force feeding any kind of political movement, protests, or any sort of aired grievance (worthiness aside).... takes away from that experience."

So you have been upset since the Pentagon started paying the NFL for the "patriotic spectacles" & putting the players on the field for the Anthem?
I can't blame you. I hate that crap, too! Waste of taxpayer money!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom