Rethinking Position Groups (1 Viewer)

You did your math wrong. 154,471/4,649,102 = 0.0325, but that's not a percentage. To get the percentage, you must multiply by 100, which means the chance of death would be 3.325%, not 0.033%. However, only 2.45 million have recovered, so the denominator you should use is 2.45M. When you do that math, the chances of dying in the U.S. currently stand at 6.3%. The common flu kills 0.1% annually of people that get it. So Covid is killing 60 times more in the U.S. If the same number of people get infected with Covid as with the flu, we may have 25,000 * 60 deaths = which is 1,500,000 deaths. However if we don't act drastically, Covid will infect many more people than the flu, because there is a vaccine for the flu to contain its spread. We don't have to take such drastic measures with the flu because the vaccine drastically curtails its spread.
You're right, that's my bad on the percentage. I don't know where you got the 2.45 Million recovered from, I was just going by positive results versus actual deaths (even though those numbers have been proven to be inflated due to false labeling). The point I was making with the Flu is that we've had vaccines for decades and yet it's still killing thousands of people yearly yet we don't blink an eye about it and carry on life as usual.

You're right, that's my bad on the percentage. I don't know where you got the 2.45 Million recovered from, I was just going by positive results versus actual deaths (even though those numbers have been proven to be inflated due to false labeling). The point I was making with the Flu is that we've had vaccines for decades and yet it's still killing thousands of people yearly yet we don't blink an eye about it and carry on life as usual.
I could swear you posted this in the wrong thread, but who am I to say.

There is a huge difference between 0.025 to 0.060M deaths compared to the potential of way over 1.5M deaths from Covid if the same number of people get infected. Do you understand why we would have way more people infected with Covid if we don't blink an eye? Even with the drastic actions to control the spread, we've had 4.5M infected. Covid is at least twice as infectious as the flu, so if we don't blink an eye, most of the U.S. would get infected, so instead of just 1.5M dead, we'd have over 10M deaths if only 3% die from Covid. Is that justification enough to blink an eye?

The 2.45M recovered is available from many places, but I mostly use Worldometer.

To address the OP, I think your idea of separating position groups is excellent, but probably impractical, and probably less effective. I think virtual meetings of position groups will be needed, but with precautions. For example, make sure everyone is using social distancing, and wait a couple of days after tests to gather.

I’m not trying to hijack your post. I just posted a thought and got attacked for it. All I’ve done since is post stats and data to support my thought.

The stats and data don't support your thought.

When you post an ignorant thought that is unsupported by real stats and data I would think you may expect to get some criticism, especially when this virus has affected many of the posters on this board, personally.....

Back to the original topic....I hope they figure out a way to do business and keep players safe but I'm not optimistic at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom