Rethinking Position Groups (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So do you think smart coaches will rethink Position Groups?

In the past teams got great value by breaking down into position groups and studying film and working as team units. However, does risk warrant a new strategy?

The thought mentioned on the DP show was that if for example, a backup QB gets COVID then the next likely teammates at risk are the other QBs which meet with him on a more regular basis. If you have position groups then you risk wiping out a whole position which is the exact opposite of how next man up works.

Do you think they might re-engineer this old concept to study groups so that they dont have overlapping positions?

There's only so many positional assistants on each team. Your idea has some merit but I'm thinking that it would spread the coaching staff too thin.

This is getting so ridiculous. Testing positive means only that, it doesn’t mean you’ll be put on a vent, it doesn’t mean your going to die, it just means your positive. You may feel bad for a little bit like any other virus or you may not feel anything at all. Ive never seen people so brainwashed by the media freak out and change every aspect of their lives over something that is less deadly than the common flu. I’ll put money down that come November 4th Covid will pretty much disappear.

This is getting so ridiculous. Testing positive means only that, it doesn’t mean you’ll be put on a vent, it doesn’t mean your going to die, it just means your positive. You may feel bad for a little bit like any other virus or you may not feel anything at all. Ive never seen people so brainwashed by the media freak out and change every aspect of their lives over something that is less deadly than the common flu. I’ll put money down that come November 4th Covid will pretty much disappear.
It could also mean you are not allowed to play, which is what the post is about. (I would prefer to stay on topic).

This definitely doesn't sound like something that someone brainwashed by a different media would say.

Some will never learn....above should be used as a perfect example of the attitude that got us where we are today.

I now know 3 people that have died from something "less deadly than the common flu" ...I don't know you but your statement above is ignorant and moronic.....

The logical thing would be to break down all film study into goto meetings/google hangouts.
That way everyone can go over film via teleconference.

Basically the less time spent at the facility the better. The gym part has already been figured out nation wide as much as is possible. Wear a mask, wipe down your station after you're done, etc.

Some will never learn....above should be used as a perfect example of the attitude that got us where we are today.

I now know 3 people that have died from something "less deadly than the common flu" ...I don't know you but your statement above is ignorant and moronic.....

I don’t know your 3 people who died or their medical history, age, etc that contributed to their death. Stats show that healthy athletes in their primes are very unlikely to die from Covid. The vast majority of deaths are older people with underlying health conditions, not healthy Athletes.

Attachments

• BAD09513-516F-4E43-B866-82FEBB25B770.png
    BAD09513-516F-4E43-B866-82FEBB25B770.png
    530.1 KB · Views: 9
I don’t know your 3 people who died or their medical history, age, etc that contributed to their death. Stats show that healthy athletes in their primes are very unlikely to die from Covid. The vast majority of deaths are older people with underlying health conditions, not healthy Athletes.

No one right now has any idea if and what the long term effects are as a result of having the virus. To put it politely I think it is rather cavalier to infer anyone should risk getting the virus (and of course, potentially spreading it to others), regardless of age/health etc...because it is just no big deal...right?

It will be gone November 4th? I would love that but would put money down that it will? Sounds like the "it will just disappear when it's hot" prediction...

Oh oh Trey , you've said something unpopular and from experience you'll probably get piled on , I really hate that because you make a good point , but on here you get crucified even if you just state your opinion and you're a Hall of Famer , I would think you would get a little more respect because of that . Just sayin …

you're a Hall of Famer , I would think you would get a little more respect because of that . Just sayin …
"Doctor, this is a tricky situation, so we want only the most respected medical opinions."
"Oh well, I'm actually not a doctor, but I am a 'Hall of Famer' on a sports message board on the internet. So, you know, there's that."
"Ah! Excellent! Proceed."

😐

No one right now has any idea if and what the long term effects are as a result of having the virus. To put it politely I think it is rather cavalier to infer anyone should risk getting the virus (and of course, potentially spreading it to others), regardless of age/health etc...because it is just no big deal...right?

It will be gone November 4th? I would love that but would put money down that it will? Sounds like the "it will just disappear when it's hot" prediction...

Influenza has been around in the US since 1918. We have vaccines and it still kills 25,000-60,000 people a year. We’ve never acted this irrational over the Flu or any other virus/disease but all of a sudden Covid just happens to hit (in an Election year no doubt) and we’ve destroyed people’s lives, businesses, and our Economy over it.

The CDC, Hospitals, and Clinics have all said they labeled people Covid dearths even though it was not the main cause of death, they had it at the time of death and that’s how it was reported. According to the CDC 4,649,102 cases have been reported and 154,471 deaths = 0.033% chance of dying and that’s with inaccurate death labeling.

Attachments

• 0A7E599A-471F-4EAB-896F-ED06BAA6EAB4.png
    0A7E599A-471F-4EAB-896F-ED06BAA6EAB4.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 6
  • F889C9BB-9826-4826-A4D0-F1001B812538.png
    F889C9BB-9826-4826-A4D0-F1001B812538.png
    729.7 KB · Views: 2
Even with fudged numbers you aren't going to jump from 25,000-60,000 to 150,000-300,000.
There aren't enough "other" things to explain those numbers. This is on top of Flu deaths that are already reported at twice what they normally are this time of year. You really think those are all Flu deaths?

Anyways....the team will have to social distance the best they can. Back to topic:
Using technology seems to be the easiest route to do film study.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom