RETRO SAINTS Symbol Man with Sheild (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey Does anyone have a picture of the Retro Saints symbol with the Saints football man with Big Head holding Sheid? If so can you post it please?

Hey Does anyone have a picture of the Retro Saints symbol with the Saints football man with Big Head holding Sheid? If so can you post it please?

I have a glass that my grandfather got from a gas stations for filling up or something with that logo on it. I have it in my bar in the basement.

BigChinRetro.gif

I remember when I was a kid back in the 70's, I wrote the Saints a letter and they sent me a big chin sticker. They would send me patches, stickers, pictures, etc..... It was always a big deal to get a letter from an NFL team for a 8 year old......

Here's an updated version...

Attachments

• Reggie_Chin.gif
    Reggie_Chin.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 227
A few things:

My Dad worked at Falstaff and he'd get me all their promotional stuff - I remember a gold doubloon with the shield guy on it. Also remember the early programs had a doubloon in them for each game.

This got me thinking about the early Tulane Stadium days - random recollections:

I was lucky enough to be there for the 1st season opener.
Remember the endzone "youth" tickets they were what - like $3.00.
Sold chair backs at a couple of games
I grew up in Broadmoor and lived right off Fountainebleu and for the games we could park 6 cars at $1.00 each for the Superbowls $3.00 each.
I'd stand on the corner with my parking sign - at least twice I was given a ticket to a Saints game and once was given a ticket to the Superbowl (Min / KC) but turned around and sold it cuz my best friend who was parking cars with me couldn't go - so we sold the ticket and split the money.
When I had or got a ticket Mom would slip me a $5.00 bill and I could walk to the stadium for the game by myself at 11 years old - would anyone allow their kids to do that today?
Those crazy game promotions - one year they released these parachutes over the stadium but the wind blew them over my neighborhood - kids were chasing these things all over the place.
Dempsy's kick - listening on the radio and just as he kicked the radio transmission was interrupted (by bees was it) - we knew he made it cuz we could hear the roar of the crowd.

Good memories!

A few things:...

Remember the endzone "youth" tickets they were what - like $3.00.

Actually, they were $2.00.

That's what they used to charge me to get at the North Endzone upper deck.

Of course... on the way up to those upper deck seats, I used to sneak through a loose section of fence, then made my way down to the 45 yard line seats, about 35 rows up, where my dad had his season tickets.

Bench seats made things easy back then. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom