Return man--This is too easy (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
CJ Spiller is an absolute monster in open space returning kicks.

I can not fathom why he isn't given the job no questions asked.

Watching him this preseason, he's healthy as well as having the acceleration speed back.

IF the reason not to have him there is to prevent injury......THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Are we playing to win....or are we playing to not get injured?

The Rams will use Gurley on kickoff returns...and I love that plan.

Returns can change a game, so if you have a weapon (which we most certainly do in CJ), USE IT!!!!!!

I'm sure that's one of many options that Payton referred to when he said they would find somebody to field returns if Murphy can't do it

I don't understand why he isn't the #1 without question now that he's healthy. He's done it for years at Clemson and in Buffalo, and he's phenomenal.

Let Jerry Lewis do it.

At the very least, it'll be comical.

probably afraid he gets hurt

It's a 16 game season and the dude has had issues staying healthy recently. If he does return kicks, it will likely be situationally when we need a spark. The FO learned their lesson with Reggie Bush. Utilize his special skillset in the more controlled environment and let the more replaceable but still productive asset handle the chaotic contact that special teams is when you are confident that a huge return isn't a must have.

The Rams are using Gurley on kickoff returns? I can understand using Spiller on returns because if he gets hurt the offense isn't going to fall apart but Gurley? I don't know if the risk is worth the reward on that one.

Spiller sure has that burst back. One of my favorite plays of the last preseason game was seeing Spiller stiff arm someone then just accelerate away from him.

I don't know if I've ever seen that tactic before. Most stiff arms either make the defender fall, buy you a few more yards after contact, or whiff entirely.

Yea he's old, but Devin Hester is out there (right)?
We just need someone that understands depths and won't put the ball on the ground.

Honestly I'll be happy as long as it isn't Cadet or Murphy. Cadet has had only one decent return in all of his NFL years and even then he couldn't finish and make the TD. And Murph just puts the ball on the ground too much obviously. Spiller, Lewis, Lasco, hell I'd even be cool with Cooks back there. I'd be nervous but I bet he could make somethin happen

Need to see a healthy dose of Lewis and Lasco on kick and punt returns during the next two games.

Bring Spiller in on punt returns when we need a spark like mentioned above.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom