Return of Intellivision? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Intellivison was my first game console - I loved it but it really was NES that turned me into a gamer

The next Earthworm Jim game will be exclusive
============================================================

Intellivision, the home video game console that first launched in 1979, is planning a comeback in a new, family-friendly format. The modernized platform, called Amico, will include the original’s iconic omni-directional disc as well as a full-color touchscreen on each controller. The expected release date is Oct. 10, 2020.

Intellivision’s leadership team, led by chief executive officer and video game musician Tommy Tallarico, is making some bold claims about its device, which is still on the drawing board. Chief among them is the console’s price point, said to be between $149 and $179. Additionally, every single game published for the platform will be exclusive and cost between $2.99 and $7.99, they said. It will launch with several built-in titles and over 20 more games in its online store......…...

Based on that vid I see this crashing and burning pretty quick. All games are console exclusive? That's a horrible business strategy seeing that this company hasn't been relevent in gaming on a broad scale for many decades. The console itself is interesting but with mobile gaming and the next gen consoles being released I can't see this taking off at all.

I’m having flashbacks of those plastic inserts that covered the numeric keypad and guided what as to what button did what. Their baseball game was great. Hockey too!

Intellivision Entertainment has made no revenue since its inception in 2018 and in its current state may only be able to operate until July 2022.

That's according to a SEC filing shared on the Amico maker's website earlier this week, as it's looking to raise $5 million to pursue its efforts to release the retro console.

The SEC filing goes through the risks associated with investing in Intellivision Entertainment. While some of the risk factors would be expected, such as the fact that "an investment in the company involves a high degree of risk and should be considered by those who can afford the loss of their entire investment," the document provides an interesting insight into the company's business.

For instance, Intellivision pointed out that it's possible that it "may never have an operational product or service."

"It is possible that there may never be a fully operational Intellivision Amico," the document read. "It is possible that the failure to release the product is the result of a change in business model upon [the] company's making a determination that the business model, or some other factor, will not be in the best interest of [the] company and its stockholders/members/creditors."…….

Looks like this thing is dead in the water

So, the whole thing was a scam?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and acts like a duck, it just might be a duck.

Amico was supposed to be released 2 years ago, CEO has resigned, offices closed, and still not available on amazon.

"The Intellivision Amico is a home video game console that is being developed and marketed by Intellivision Entertainment. It was originally slated to be released in October 2020, but repeated delays followed, leaving the console without a release date."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom