NFL Draft Revamped offense mock draft (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The offense had its worst year under Sean Payton by a long shot. Of course, 70% of that was because Drew Brees retired, but a lot can be attributed to a lack of talent at the skill positions. Injuries and underperforming offensive linemen were also to blame.

I used a mock draft simulator to get these picks. It’s not a great simulator since they have weird picks like the Eagles taking a QB in the first round. I guess it could happen since they picked Hurts when they had Wentz and they picked receivers in like 3 consecutive years in the first. But it’s probably the best simulator out there.

Don’t ask me what we will do about QB. There’s probably two 1st round QBs and they probably won’t fall to 18. The other guys I just don’t see much in them. They have too many flaws or are just lacking in talent.

I didn’t set out to get mostly offense but I didn’t see many defensive players that stood out in the later rounds and at positions of need.

Here it is

Round 1 pick 18: WR Chris Olave Ohio State he’s there in every simulation I did even on another site. So was Garret Wilson, but I like Olave over Wilson for his refined route running and big play ability. Wilson projects to the slot and we already have Michael Thomas as a slot receiver. Yeah we don’t know what is going to happen with him but for now let’s just say that he gets everything going in the right direction and he’s ready to help this team. Thomas paired with Olave will immediately be one of the best duos on the game.

I went with Olave over the Alabama receivers also because of their injuries and we just don’t need to deal with that.

Round 2 pick 49: Daniele Faalele OT Minnesota This guy is HUGE! All he needs is good technique and some IQ and he can dominate. He dominated in college when everyone is much smaller than him, and he might need to work on his first step but he’s a good prospect in the 2nd round. We don’t know what will happen with Armstead and he’s guaranteed to miss a few games a year. Faalele is either a day one starter or a great backup plan. He could even come in as tye sixth lineman in a super jumbo package. And if you want think we’ll make it to through a Sean Payton draft without an offensive lineman then you’re just kidding yourself.

Round 3 pick 98: Cade Otton TE Washington. Oh boy do we need an upgrade at TE! I like this guy for his ability to get open and catch and he seems like a decent blocker. Washington as a program doesn’t really inspire but from the tiny bit of his highlights I watched he looks much better than who we have now.

Round 3 pick 99: Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame. Yeah we need playmakers and this guy has that ability. Honestly, I know he didn’t have much to work with but I thought Kamara left a lot of yards on the field this year. It might have just been his expectations where he didn’t see some cutback lanes. Ingram is getting older and we can still hold onto TJJ. Like someone else stated in a thread earlier; it’s good to have another back to spell Kamara’s workload. But one of the best parts about KW’s game is that he’s advanced in pass protection, and we know Payton likes that.

Round 4 pick 117: Kyle Phillips WR UCLA. This guy is solid. He’s precise, shifty, and he can get open. He’s a good change of pace as a slot receiver like a Wes Welker type. Actually, he reminds me more of Lance Moore. Not the most athletic guy but he’s elusive and will produce. Yeah we need more than just one receiver and Phillips looks like he can play a small role as a rookie who will be on the same page as the QB.

Round 5 pick 159: Cade Mays OL Tennessee The last pick in this mock draft and I saw a lot of potential in this guy. He played all over the line in Tennessee and he could serve as a good backup with versatility. He also has flashes of dominating defensive linemen.

Here’s some videos of the prospects except Olave because he’s Olave 🤷🏾‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom