Revealing stat about Brees ... but you probably knew this instinctively. (1 Viewer)

On the flip side I have always said that Drew's the very best in those clutch situations. Nobody does it better

Yeah, I vented to my poor husband a bit after the game. ”How many freaking times has Brees brought this team back to a lead late in the game only to have the other team score last second?”

Wow. Just wow. What a totally frustrating stat. Kind of confirms my fears. Brees truly should be the GOAT and the Saints should have a couple of more Lombardis. The inability of this franchise/Payton to give him even an average defense those years is downright criminal.

What is even more amazing is just how ahead of Brady he would be, even with 10 fewer games played in his career, had even half of those "should have been" TD drives resulted in a win.

Brees: 272 Games Played, 35 4th Q Comebacks, 50 Game Winning Drives

Brady: 282 Games Played, 35 4th Q Comebacks, 44 Game Winning Drives

Manning (266 games played) remains the clear winner in the 4th Q Comeback category with 43, however, but for the defenses he'd had, Brees would have passed him years ago for game winning drives (54).

PS. Not sure what this is worth being that he missed 6 weeks, but it looks like Brees is well on his way to yet another season with a completion percentage in the 70%'s.

Cam Jordan and Demario are our leaders on D..maybe our guys should be chewing out some others. Apple needs to play better. He's been getting abused lately and giving up big plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom