Reverse Bidding War (Breer Tweet) (1 Viewer)

JimmyB1775

Guy behind the guy
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The market at CB &amp; OT = Fascinating. Clubs are playing players against one another, trying to drive prices down. Like a reverse bidding war.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/311483806869770240">March 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is it possible that some CB's will be wise enough to take a one-year and hold out for a decent contract next year when they're not sitting on a shelf next to a dozen others?
Wouldn't Revis be smart to play a single year and keep his mouth shut? Then he wouldn't have to ask for a real contract, or a raise. He'd be a UFA and teams would be chomping for him. I'm sure a team or two would give him a one-year deal, just for the opportunity to buy time.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
The players are in for a reality check this year. The owners are about to show just how well they did in the latest CBA negotiations.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The players are in for a reality check this year. The owners are about to show just how well they did in the latest CBA negotiations.

I have wrote these many times, with the compresed cap and the rising quarterback salaries, a lot of players are going to be really dissapointed, and I can't see labour peace lasting 10 years, even if the agreement was signed for as many years.

And I can see Dee Smith looking for a job in the near future, and even maybe Jon Vilma taking his place.

OP
JimmyB1775

JimmyB1775

Guy behind the guy
Reaction score
I have wrote these many times, with the compresed cap and the rising quarterback salaries, a lot of players are going to be really dissapointed, and I can't see labour peace lasting 10 years, even if the agreement was signed for as many years.

And I can see Dee Smith looking for a job in the near future, and even maybe Jon Vilma taking his place.

You gotta see Scott in that spot if he doesn't retire and go all-out ALS campaign for Gleason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom