Review of Mercedes-Benz Superdome (1 Viewer)

The No Mas fight needs to be on the list. It was a better fight and a more famous fight that Ali-Spinks.

Great review.

Unlike some in the media (1 in particular) who claim that the Superdome and NOLA get to many big events, your article brings to light what makes both the venue and city a special place and one of if not the prime location for major sporting events year in and year out.

:9:

Great review.

Unlike some in the media (1 in particular) who claim that the Superdome and NOLA get to many big events, your article brings to light what makes both the venue and city a special place and one of if not the prime location for major sporting events year in and year out.

:9:

They should just have the SB in NOLA every year. No better place to have these events.

Have to just add to the chorus of 9.25.06 being the all time #1 and not even close to #2. All the others were games.... You can go back to Michael Irvings's HOF speach... Not a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination but in his speach he said soemthing like

"Don't tell me its just a game (speaking of his career in general).. I was there on 9.25 and saw a community reborn...a city of black and white old and young men and women come together that night inNew Orleans... Don't tell me its just a game"

Now I am sure I screwed it up but that was the gest of what he said.... And it was... Nothing.. and I have answered this before... including the SB win... can replace that night for me

LT, '' Construction,!? C'mon, did you not know the Super Bowl. was coming! ''

Mentioned twice on Sirius that at his hotel, the Westin, that they had parts of it roped off because of construction, and that an elevator was broken. But overall, he loves NOLA and his having a great time. How bad is the construction in the city and why is it still going on. One thing I noticed on tv is the grass wasn't cut at Jax and I would have painted the levee in that area. Just want the city to shine and look it's best.

The 1989 LSU/Georgetown men's basketball game should at least be listed as an Honorable Mention. LSU was unranked and Georgetown was #2 and certain to move to #1 had they won the game. I was in attendance and it was awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. As a Saints fan, it's hard to argue against #4 as the greatest moment in Saints history. I wrote the story from a national perspective, not as a Saints fan.

Who Dat!

I was recently in town to complete a review of the Superdome for Stadium Journey. Had a great time, as always, and updated the old review to a more appropriate and favorable one. Let me know what you think: Mercedes-Benz Superdome Reviews, New Orleans Saints | Stadium Journey

Also completed a Top 12 Sports Moments in Superdome history. Thought you guys might be interested in this one as well: Top 12 Moments in Superdome History - Stadium Journey

I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have. Been a life-long Saints fan and just realized this page actually had a forum. Normally just check-in to read the posted articles.

Thanks. And now that you've found the forum, stick around.

The first 2 should be both Saints games. #1 should be the 2006 return to the dome, #2 should be the 2009 NFC Championship, and #3 should be Super Bowl XXXI. All the rest can stay where they are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom