Revis on ESPN radio. 1:40 CDT today (1 Viewer)

CR80

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Revis will be on ESPN radio in about 20 min.
He was supposed to be in around 1 o'clock but he's been delayed.
It's the Scott van Pelt show.
It's on 1530am in Austin. I'd listen to it but I've gotta get back to work.
It should be interesting, hopfully someone can listen and post a summary.

Can't wait to hear this guy talk **** just like Bart Scott. We will do the **** talking in the Dome baby!

Maybe they'll ask him if he's ever confused with Bevis.

Didn't talk trash. Said Drew Brees was one of the best.

Well, it was pretty straight fwd.

They asked about the success of thier pressure.
Revis essentially said that the success was from actually getting pressure and coverage on the recievers.

They asked him about Drew and he said Drew is the best.
They asked why Drew is the best, is it just his accuracy?
Revis laughs and said thats one, as if to imiply Brees is more than just accurate.
He's seen Brees put it in very skinny spots.
Revis mentioned all the threats at Reciever, Bush, Colston, Shockey, and others.

I get the feeling Revis is worried. First they need to actually get pressure then they have to cover their man. There is only one Revis and lots of threats on the Saints O.

Many have commented about that very thing on this site so nothing really new.

Bump. Summary of Revis interview from earlier today.

98greenGT you have to change your avatar, everytime you post my eyes keep drifting to the left!

I think our field general is more than capable of quick releases to beat the blitz, He wont throw into double coverage unless he has to, and if he does its just because he wants to make another film full of highlights. I think the jets will soon discover that our DC can gameplan just as good as their D will.

revis isn't worried. he's just very humble and not a trash talker.

Well, it was pretty straight fwd.

They asked about the success of thier pressure.
Revis essentially said that the success was from actually getting pressure and coverage on the recievers.

They asked him about Drew and he said Drew is the best.
They asked why Drew is the best, is it just his accuracy?
Revis laughs and said thats one, as if to imiply Brees is more than just accurate.
He's seen Brees put it in very skinny spots.
Revis mentioned all the threats at Reciever, Bush, Colston, Shockey, and others.

I get the feeling Revis is worried. First they need to actually get pressure then they have to cover their man. There is only one Revis and lots of threats on the Saints O.

Many have commented about that very thing on this site so nothing really new.

I do not believe Revis is worried. He knows he can stick with anybody, and probably feels they'll have a new look or two. Sounds like a classy guy, and if anything he's trying some reverse psychology.

98greenGT you have to change your avatar, everytime you post my eyes keep drifting to the left!

I think our field general is more than capable of quick releases to beat the blitz, He wont throw into double coverage unless he has to, and if he does its just because he wants to make another film full of highlights. I think the jets will soon discover that our DC can gameplan just as good as their D will.

You mean he posts stuff? I don't think I've ever read a post of his....no offense 98greenGT. I can't seem to get my eyes to gravitate to the right. Hmmmm....let's see....text or pic??? I think pic wins out 99.9% of the time:9:

revis isn't worried. he's just very humble and not a trash talker.

he did seem like a cool dude. I didn't mean that he was worried about himself getting beat, rather worried about how his team will fair against Brees and Co. Maybe worried is not the right word, but he definety understands that It is going to be a big challenge keeping the Holy Terror (The Saints O) in check. It's interesting that he specifficaly named a receiver, a rb, and a tight end among the threats, that's showing an understanding that the Saints can beat the blitz with any of those positions. Add in the other two recievers and the Jets will have a huge challenge. Like he said, you have to actually get pressure and the recievers have to be accounted for. I expect the Jets to be able to get pressure, but just not soon enough. If the Jets do manage to cover everyone then it will not look good for us, but I just don't see it. Not this week and not in the Dome (Terror Dome?).
3 weeks of game film and an expert on staff (Gregg Williams) to assist Brees with a breakdown of the Jets D will prove to be to much for the J-e-t-s jets.

i remember when revis was coming out in the draft i prayed we would get him. good corner, but no one is good enough to stop brees for a whole game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom