Revis trade down to Saints,49ers,Broncos [RUMOR] (1 Viewer)

If we can flip a trade involving a 2nd/3rd and one of our running backs then you have to do it, I could also see us throwing in Patrick Robinson. Regardless of the Ivory/Ingram debate we're carrying too many backs and at some point we're going to release or trade one of them as the amount of money we'd have dedicated to a platoon of running backs would be very cap prohibitive.

For instance - next year, say we do keep Ivory as a RFA on a 1 year tender. We wont tag him the following season, we'd need that for Jimmy Graham. So Ivory is gone, or we choose to release Thomas or Sproles. So if it seems that mid-term we're going to have to lose one of our running backs. If you can use one of them now as an asset to swing a trade for Revis why not at least look into it? And heck if it stops him going to Atlanta or worse SF then I'm in (seriously Revis on the Niners defence is a scary thought)

Hope we dont do this. Good article from Pat Kirwan on Revis trade issues.

1. The contract. From the day he was
drafted money has been an issue. He got a
rookie deal over the slot he was in and it
sent a bad message. He threatened a long
holdout a few years later and got an
above-market deal, again sending the
wrong message. That deal had a "no
franchise" clause in it which makes it
tough to trade him under this contract.

3. Compensation. The Jets don't intend to
give Revis away, especially with a head
coach trying to turn around the problems
of 2012. The Jets simply don't have many
playmakers on the roster, and Revis is
one of them.
The Jets should expect a minimum of two
high draft picks for Revis. How many
teams are really willing to give up their
first, second and a high pick next year?

Why a trade for Darrelle Revis will be difficult to pull off - CBSSports.com

I must say, the time to cash in one of our RBs is now, and the Jets have a clear need there.

Incarcerated Bob has something like a 25% accuracy rate (greatly aided by his including several teams in trade/sign rumors, that way if that player signs with one of the named teams it's considered a win for Bob). So take this rumor with a huge grain of salt. Look at it this way - is the Saints D one DB away from being good? The answer is of course no.....Loomis and Payton know this better than any of us. The Saints' D is several players away from being decent so they need every draft pick they have to get them.

Now if you want to argue that Loomis is in this to run up Revis' price for the Niners or Falcons......then I think you're on to something......

Some franchises have to over pay players to attract them. We are not one of those franchises. He is not worth nearly what I have heard he wants. I hope his doesn't happen unless it is a high value for us.

Rob Ryan has had a shutdown corner at every stop he's been at. I think for his D, it's a necessity.

Mickey Loomis definitely would have his work cut out for him to make this happen though.

Saints probably would have to cut Vilma and Smith... Do it! Heard that those sucky dirty birds are in the running...another thing that they can choke at in the end!

We aint got no dough, so how can this be a go?
See the "Special man"!

Serious note though...I hope he go's somewhere else unless Loomis swings some great deal. He is not worth Draft pics and our best players....I think we should have learned from this type of thinking in the past.

This trade doesn't make sense for a few reasons.

First of all...let me get this out of the way. Is Revis worth our #15? Absolutely. That's actually a huge bargain. The chance that the Saints will draft a guy who will turn out as good as Revis is slim to none. Revis is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

So it is not the compensation that I am worried about...it's Revis and his monetary value. Revis has repeatedly held out for larger contracts. There is a chance that the
Saints could be trading for Revis and only getting a one year rental in return...or he will just cause headaches over the course of his contract with continually accepting front loaded deals and then threatening hold outs. The pattern is there. Either way Revis is going to demand top five defensive player money. Loomis is a wizard but Revis's contract will cripple the Saints in the future. Good luck with Jimmy Graham next season. And good luck with signing anyone else in free agency the next two seasons.

Not worried about his injury. ACL surgeries are successful and a rediculous rate and he should be fine come training camp.

If we could package 3rd, and a player, with a restructured contract agreed upon prior to trade, I'm all for it. But what player do the Jets value? Interesting playing the guessing game. Only players that I would think with some trade value and that we would be willing to trade are running backs, and I think Sproles has the most value. I personally do not want to loose Sproles. I'd rather loose Ingram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom