Saints Revised poll for Saints W-L this season (...what you're thinking) (1 Viewer)

Our Saints are in the Twilight Zone right now; could end up great, or who knows?

• Total voters
I said 11-5. Probably a little (lot) optimistic at this point with what little evidence we have of TB. But after Seattle and Dallas, the schedule gets a bit easier minus the Bears. Hopefully I'm wrong and we go undefeated, but that's just delusional.

Giving the 6 week time frame, the only games I would change would be Seattle and Dallas. I still think the Saints will be the Bears in Chicago.
The rest of the matchups, Tampa, @ Jacksonville, and Arizona; the Saints are the better team even with Teddy or Taysom.

4-4 Before Brees comes back. The Tampa game is important to win. 5 of the 6 divison games are with Brees back. Win most of those and get the #4 seed. 9-7 maybe 10-6

I would say 10-6. I was thinking 12-4 with Brees, so 9-7 or 10-6 seems attainable at this point. It's a long season though. The fact that we have 5 of 6 games in the south after the bye is a big deal. If we can get Brees back and start with a tough matchup with the Falcons, that would help set the stage for the back end of the season.

We could win the Division at 8-8, it's that weak this season.

I agree. I do think the Falcons are going to be tougher than expected. I watched their game, and their offense looks scary enough. The question is will Ryan return to the form he was in last season. Throwing 3 interceptions won't win many games, but he did a good job protecting the ball last season.

I voted 11-5, but that assumes:
  1. Drew comes back healthy after 6 weeks.
  2. Teddy plays lights out
  3. Defense and running game picks up the slack
Or we could be as low as 8-8 if the team falls apart and Drew has an issue getting back to 100%.

Either way, we've still got a shot at the Lombardi if we make the playoffs and come in hot.

I think that we will be 1-5 or 2-4 in the 6 games without Drew. Add to that a couple of losses later, that are statistically due / Brees has a sore hand. This gives us at least 7 losses.

8-8

We go 4-7 without Drew who returns 11/28 for the second matchup @ Atl which we lose. We win out the last four games to secure a garbage mid round pick. Atlanta wins the division at 10-6 due to a sweep of the Saints.

I voted 7-9... I don't see us winning many games (if any) with TB starting... and since we paid him (and gave up a draft pick) for this very situation... I suspect that he will be the starter no matter what our record is... which is unfortunate, because I think if Taysom started between now and Drew's return... we'd still have a legit shot to win the division... With TB starting... we'll be scoring 14-20 points a game, while the defense gives up 20-25 points a game...

I think we will know a LOT more about what to expect after this week once we see how Teddy looks after Payton has a whole week to gameplan for him and Teddy gets a full week to practice with the starters. And we should also get a clearer recovery timetable for Brees once the surgery is complete.

If our offense lays an egg vs. SEA, I think we're headed for 7-9 territory. If we win or at least lose a close one, I could see us getting to 9-10 wins, which could very well be enough to win this year's NFC South.

12-4 is totally realistic! Our defense is going to be great. They start slow every year -- this year they're looking better than ever for the first two games, they can shoulder more burden until Drew is back. Opposing DCs won't have an answer for Sean's new QB by committee. Did you guys miss the part where we won game 1?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom