Rewatched Vikings Playoff Game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I re-watched the highlights of last year 's game. Two things stood out: 1) our interior line was man rushed when the vikings moved their pass rushers to that area. Brees barely had any time to throw was sacked several times and even fumbled. My confidence level in Ruiz and Peat is making me very nervous. I"m trying to convince myself to watch the game, but i may just record it and rewatch it later if we win. The run game is going have to work, or Brees will have to make quick throws. 2) Brees struggled in the game, and when Taysom came in, it reversed momentum to Saints...Do Payton hesitate to go to Taysom if Brees struggle? We should win this game by shear talent across the board, but past playoff history is making me nervous. So should i watch it or not?

I re-watched the highlights of last year 's game. Two things stood out: 1) our interior line was man rushed when the vikings moved their pass rushers to that area. Brees barely had any time to throw was sacked several times and even fumbled. My confidence level in Ruiz and Peat is making me very nervous. I"m trying to convince myself to watch the game, but i may just record it and rewatch it later if we win. The run game is going have to work, or Brees will have to make quick throws. 2) Brees struggled in the game, and when Taysom came in, it reversed momentum to Saints...Do Payton hesitate to go to Taysom if Brees struggle? We should win this game by shear talent across the board, but past playoff history is making me nervous. So should i watch it or not?
Bruh, it isn’t that important. It’s just a game. Watch it, pull for the Saints and enjoy the game for what it is. This may be Brees’ last run. The game can be fun and stressful but don’t let it ruin your day. I used to get like that, it isn’t worth it lol. Record it too, because you never know how awesome the game will be!

So you watched last season's game againt the Vikings to try and determine if you should watch the Bears vs. Saints? You know the Saints played the Bears this season, right? Maybe you should go rewatch that game FWIW.

I vote "NO." YOU shouldn't watch the Saints play this Sunday.

I get it...the Saints past playoff struggles make us fans nervous....but we have to believe this year will be different. I think last year when the Saints didn't get the 2nd seed (And the bye that would've came with it) they had sort of a let down and thought they could just show up and beat the Vikings. Well that didn't happen. I have no doubt they will be ready for this game but the question will be will the execution be there.

"our interior line was man rushed when the vikings moved their pass rushers to that area."

They did the what in the what in the where? I mean there's a lot about this post that doesn't make much sense but that one was a doozer. That being said just enjoy the game. We got this one.

Last few years have been very hard for Saints fans in the playoffs. We've had what all thought to be championship caliber teams, crumble in the post season. Whether it was refs or just overall underwhelming team play.

Once the report came out that this year may be Drew's last year, I told myself im going to enjoy this post season run, no matter how the chips fall.

So my advice is sit back relax and enjoy the ride. I can guarantee you this, as much as we the fans want to win it all, this team wants it 10x more. So that gives me some encouragement.

I don’t remember seeing Emmanuel Sanders,Marquez Calloway, Malcom Jenkins or a couple others in that game

"our interior line was man rushed when the vikings moved their pass rushers to that area."

They did the what in the what in the where? I mean there's a lot about this post that doesn't make much sense but that one was a doozer. That being said just enjoy the game. We got this one.
He was referring to when they kicked their DE’s inside to DT which entirely disrupted our pass protection at every OL spot.

Older Saints fans would have these same discussions about breaking 8-8 , or finally having a winning season and maybe backing into a wildcard spot....

The Brees-SP Era has been GOLDEN, with some heartbreak, but nevertheless GOLDEN!! Enjoy it while it lasts!

WHO DAT!!

As much as the 3 playoff exits have hurt, I always remind myself of all those years in the 90s that I was hoping we could just get 8-8 or have a shot at the last wildcard sport. Now my team is consistently in the playoffs and are contenders to win it all. I'll take that pain. I'd never consider not watching my Saints in the playoffs.

... but i may just record it and rewatch it later if we win....

I’ve actually considered doing this myself... I know it’s just a game, and I have no control over what happens either way...

It’s just that I get so worked up and stressed out... that if the Saints blow it and lose, it really affects me. Like, I have a really hard time sleeping after a Saints loss.

If I record the game and watch it if they win, it’s a stress-free experience. If they lose, I just won’t watch it, and then it doesn’t have the same negative impact on me.

As the great Roger Murtaugh said, “I’m gettin’ too old for this s#!t”

We can only hope that Payton learned from that game and accounts for Khalil Mack rushing inside.

But I agree with you, we should probably win anyway with this:
1610111381889.png

I’ve actually considered doing this myself... I know it’s just a game, and I have no control over what happens either way...

It’s just that I get so worked up and stressed out... that if the Saints blow it and lose, it really affects me. Like, I have a really hard time sleeping after a Saints loss.

If I record the game and watch it if they win, it’s a stress-free experience. If they lose, I just won’t watch it, and then it doesn’t have the same negative impact on me.

As the great Roger Murtaugh said, “I’m gettin’ too old for this s#!t”

I used to be like this. But then I found that I can't just not watch it cold turkey. Even if I wasn't watching it on TV I'd be following it on Gamecast or something and then I'd get even more stressed out because I couldn't see what was going on lol. I've come to the conclusion that whether they lose if I'm watching it live or if they lose if I'm not watching it in the end the lost still hurts either way. Now I just watch it no matter what.

(3) I apologize if other posters mentioned this point ad nauseam already, but also a huge, determining factor in our loss was that Mike Zimmer and his Vikings team out coached and outplayed us because they'd learned from watching former Rams DC Wade Phillips strategy of using the interior D-line to break down our front center O-line was a proven strategy to slow Brees down, if not contain him and they had the interior D-linemen to do just that. Plus, our team got off to a really slow start on both sides, to the point where it was almost too late, IIRC we also didnt have Marshon Lattimore as an effective deep-cover guy and Vikes recognized it and pounced on it. Minnesota, last season did have a better offense and a more competent, capable QB(Kirk Cousins won't lead Vikings to a SB, but with a great supporting cast and a great gameplan, once in a while, he does a good job. Chicago doesn't possess those same offense weapons or the capability and their QB is being perceived, even now as a huge disappointment who might be traded away or released in the off-season. So, I think we'll be able to maybe get away with some of same mistakes we did last year but I don't see Payton taking that chance of allowing the offense to develop more fluidly or show strategic patience like he did last year although Sean does have this elitist sense of tactical arrogance in his playcalling, especially with that gosh darned "troutmouth" look he makes as if to reinforce this notion to media, his detractors, fans that he still knows best, that even when some of his most, idiotic senseless calls blow up in his face, its not his fault, they never work, or don't work like they use to, its the schemes fault or one of my player's fault for not executing it correctly.

That in-game tactical arrogance at crucial points in close, important games that we won but were unnecessarily close, or we lost in OT because he took huge, unnecessary risks when he didn't have to when playing the percentages would've been a smarter option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom