REX OUT TO SHOOT THE BREES-Article (1 Viewer)

Wheelo

I <3 Saints
Reaction score
A young 2006 team to now. Different day Rex.

I doubt they cause 3+ turnovers much less 5.

Comparing Harris to Ray Lewis :covermyeyes:

UptownShark

nunquam idem eadem idem
Reaction score
According to that article, this game is lost, Wrecks is too much of a genius for Drew to deal with, and because the Jets have 4 sacks all season, we're doomed. :1zhelp:

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
Reaction score
That was the most homerific article I've ever read on a major network's website. Terrible for a lot of reasons.

1. This Jets defense is good, but not nearly as talented as the '06 Ravens were.
2. David Harris is a solid MLB, but he isn't close to becoming the next Ray Lewis.
3. We won't run the ball on the Jets? Orly? We'll see how they shut down the run when they're playing coverage for most of the game.

Also, Brees is 10x the QB that he was in 2006. Add PT, Meachem, Shockey, Evans, and Lance Moore if he plays, and the offense is much better, and definitely more explosive.

Wahoo

miles away
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's on FoxSports, but written by a guy for the NY Post, 'nuff said....

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope we destroy the Jets. I kinda like Rex, but not this week.

Wahoo

miles away
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A young 2006 team to now. Different day Rex.

I doubt they cause 3+ turnovers much less 5.

Comparing Harris to Ray Lewis :covermyeyes:

I can (almost) guarantee Payton doesn't have Reggie throw a HB option pass this game....:banghead:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Nice read. They can't stop everybody. Brees can be taken out of his game, like all QBs, not that it happens often. Exotic blitzes and heavy downfield coverage will just open up running lanes. Move up to stop that. and Drew will tear them up.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
by Steve Serby, The New York Post

Says it all. Can't blame him for being excited, though.

But it does make the fall back to reality a little harder. He'll find out Sunday. The team Ryan beat in Baltimore in 06' doesn't exist.

danr5160

All-Pro
Reaction score
Oh heck. I didn't know it was already predetermined. Can we just forfeit this one, take a 2-week bye? Wrecks is clearly impossible to beat. I just read it, so it must be true.

"let's throw a trap in there, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket, Drew can't smell those..."

danr5160

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nice read. They can't stop everybody. Brees can be taken out of his game, like all QBs, not that it happens often. Exotic blitzes and heavy downfield coverage will just open up running lanes. Move up to stop that. and Drew will tear them up.

Can't happen. Not with Jenkins and Harris in there. We've never seen these guys before, they are not beatable. Didn't you READ the article?

goboilers

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

I just hope we win and I am sure Drew doesn't care how we win. It's going to be an interesting match up.
Drew has to make sure he doesn't cough up turnovers (interceptions or fumbles). The running game will hopefully be solid and the defense plays it's part.

I nervous about this game.

DomeDude

Huh ?
Reaction score
The team Ryan beat in Baltimore in 06' doesn't exist.

that game was in the Dome. I remember because I got married the night before and missed the game because we left for our honeymoon in Hawaii that morning. Cool thing was we stayed at the Airport Hilton that night, same one the Saints used to stay in before home games, and I got to meet a bunch of the Saints as they were leaving the hotel. What sucked was after the 8 and a half hour flight I finally got to my hotel only to find out the Saints lost bad. I then proceeded to get drunk on Mai Tai's.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
that game was in the Dome. I remember because I got married the night before and missed the game because we left for our honeymoon in Hawaii that morning. Cool thing was we stayed at the Airport Hilton that night, same one the Saints used to stay in before home games, and I got to meet a bunch of the Saints as they were leaving the hotel. What sucked was after the 8 and a half hour flight I finally got to my hotel only to find out the Saints lost bad. I then proceeded to get drunk on Mai Tai's.

My bad... :9:

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this before I wasted a Sunday watching. I can do something productive now like cleaning the lint trap in the dryer.

jimrip

Bring the Wood!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So they are gonna put ungodly pressure on Drew, shut down the receivers, lay traps, AND shut down the running game.. all with 11 guys.

They truly are a SuperTeam!!! :worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread