REX OUT TO SHOOT THE BREES-Article (1 Viewer)

So they are gonna put ungodly pressure on Drew, shut down the receivers, lay traps, AND shut down the running game.. all with 11 guys.

They truly are a SuperTeam!!! :worthy:

Guys, it is possible Brees could struggle against Wrcks D in the dome. It happened before, could very likely happened again. Doesn't mean we would lose that game, this team will find other ways to win. This isn't the '06 Saints.

that game was in the Dome. I remember because I got married the night before and missed the game because we left for our honeymoon in Hawaii that morning. Cool thing was we stayed at the Airport Hilton that night, same one the Saints used to stay in before home games, and I got to meet a bunch of the Saints as they were leaving the hotel. What sucked was after the 8 and a half hour flight I finally got to my hotel only to find out the Saints lost bad. I then proceeded to get drunk on Mai Tai's.

Things weren't THAT bad! Dude! Just married, met some SAINTS, Mai-Tias and Hawaii'?

I'm cry'in for ya!

Guys, it is possible Brees could struggle against Wrcks D in the dome. It happened before, could very likely happened again. Doesn't mean we would lose that game, this team will find other ways to win. This isn't the '06 Saints.

In a way that could be a good thing because now Drew has more 'n just game film to help him prepare for Rex and The Jets, he has first hand experience.

I like this article better

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI

Some good comments:

• TheLastWord
    09/29/2009 12:58 PM
    This is a throwaway game as it a roadie vs a non-conf opponent. If they win, great. If they lose, so what? The next two against Miami and Buff are much more important in the big picture.
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_1"> <input name="uuid" value="5092cf9c-ad19-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>

• scjoe
    09/29/2009 12:48 PM
    NYR&NYJ99....I believe that if NO scores 27, they win. The key for the Jets is the running game, keeping the score down, I can't see any way the Jets win a shoot out with NO.
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_2"> <input name="uuid" value="f0e53554-ad17-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>

• Scott from LI
    09/29/2009 11:16 AM
    Too bad this is a doubleheader week for FOX so Jets-Saints (on CBS) will only be seein in the two local markets.

How silly is it to gain quotes / write a story about how exciting this matchup will be on TV when almost nobody will get to see it?
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_3"> <input name="uuid" value="194a0784-ad0b-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>

• LoyalJetFan
    09/29/2009 10:05 AM
    hey Post - you readers can't type words like sc-r-a-pped and f-u-tile but you let this annoying spam from maggiequeen thru. How about fixing this website?!
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_4"> <input name="uuid" value="1470cbda-ad01-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>

• LoyalJetFan
    09/29/2009 9:55 AM
    Let's keep this game in perspective. Last season, despite Brees, the Saints were 8-8. This year, 2 of their 3 victories came against the Lions and the Bills. The 3rd was against the Eagles who have their own unique set of problems. This is their toughest game so far. If the Jets can control the ball w/ the running game they can keep the score down. Our D should keep Brees on the run. Key to game = interceptions.
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_5"> <input name="uuid" value="cb6bfc26-acff-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>

• NYR&NYJ99
    09/29/2009 9:47 AM
    I dont think we'll be able to stop them.
    The saints will prob score 27 (at least) so it will be up to MS to keep up. I think he can because the saints defence is nothing special. Hopefully Leon will have a big game.
    Let's go Jets!
    Report Abuse
    <form name="commenti" class="commenti" id="comment_abuse_form_6"> <input name="uuid" value="9077bb38-acfe-11de-9bb1-1a39ea454e98" class="comment_uuid" type="hidden"> <input name="relatedid" value="/p/sports/jets/jets_cooking_up_scheme_for_saints_ipGELPXqht7TzUswvADZvI" class="object_uuid" type="hidden"> </form>
Jetdevils
09/29/2009 9:04 AM
Lets go Jets!!! Nice to see a lack of trash talk this week. This is one team that demands and deserves respect this season. Dangerous game and to be honest, the first one I have been nervous about this season. Should be a great one though!

BTW, I love Steve Serby (the writer at the Post of the first article) but he's a feature writer, a huge homer, not a beat reporter.

if drew does struggle?limit your turnovers, an run the football.i dont see this Jets offense being that good..there defense just as the saints offense,cant win every game for them,there offense is going to have to win some games for them,the jets cant afford to go 3-n-out 6 times straight in this games vs the Saints
....saints will win this game 38-13

I like Rex a lot. I don't see him smack-talking very much this week simply because I feel he truly respects Drew Brees as a player / student of the game. His quotes in the article back that sentiment up.

Should be an excellent match, regardless of who wins.

Brees is going to cut them up this week. I have a feeling they will get a heavy dose of screen plays and draws to slow down that blitz. Jets D you haven't seen a QB like this, Tom Brady is not his self. Drew Brees in the best QB in the NFL!

Different team and Payton has evolved and is a complete head coach now . Passing was the offense and our defense was very sub par . Now Payton has learned to adapt and weve found we dont have to panic when they take away the pass . We can run and let our defense set the tempo if we need .

Everything points to this being a close one but my gut says Payton dials up a revenge scheme and we bring the wood . Just like when he brought the baseball bat to the locker room before the Jacksonville game .

really really wanna win this game. the new york hype machine is rather annoying. i want to see how they would spin a loss to the "lowly" saints.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom