Rex Ryan comment (1 Viewer)

Super2510

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
“With all of those DBs on the report, you would think I would feel nervous, but we are only playing New Orleans,” Ryan said, laughing. “I’m not really worried about having to cover anybody with Drew Brees right there. I can just see the headline: ‘Ryan slams Brees.”’

from this article:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-injuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

MVCrook

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can see the headline too: "Saints beat nicked up Jets defense"

Nah 2019

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
I just read it and reread it and I still don't get what he's trying to say there.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What he meant to say: “I’m not really worried about having to cover anybody with Drew Brees right there. I mean - why bother, we're going to get torched anyway."

Rugger

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is a hard read, but it makes sense to me as complete tongue-in-cheek. I think Ryan was being very sarcastic...hense the laughing.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just read it and reread it and I still don't get what he's trying to say there.

He seemed to be jokingly trying to say he will need those DBs against Drew, with a little tongue in cheek wit. That's why the headlines comment at the end.

MVCrook

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After reading the article, you can tell he was joking.

Don't let him fool you. Yes, he said it "jokingly" but he's framing it so when Drew goes for 350 and 3-4 Tds on 'em, the whole world will know he had a bunch of dinged up DBs. I'll give him credit, it's smart.

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
I like the sound of Revis having a hamstring injury. I hope it heals up 100% after Sunday:ezbill:

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
You guys think we can hang 50 points on them?

I sure do!.....if we play mistake free football on offense! I know one thing....our D will come to play!....that will fire up the whole Dome, and will force them into making mistakes! I would love to see the game getting out of hand, and our offense refuses to stop!......scoring TDs upon TDS! ....sticking on them the double nickel!....That would be hilarious!

Saints 55....Jets 6!!

redlandssaintsson

Fan By Blood
Reaction score
Colstons is too big for Revis, Devery is TOO fast for Revis, and Meachem is too...well, thats probably a good matchup.
Guy covered (very well I might add) arguably the two best playing WR's in the league. No offense to the guys on this team, but none of them are TO of Moss. Revis is legit. And to the OP, this guy's been tongue in cheek about every opponent so far. Relax.

SD_Saint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I could tell that was sarcasm a mile away. Kind of like Obama saying health care reform would not add one dollar to the deficeit.

TheBayouBullet

Still here.
Reaction score
I listened to that whole press conference before this was even posted. It was a joke and tongue-in-cheek compliment to the Saints' offense. There is absolutely zero need to smack talk in response to what he said, or even pretend it was offensive to any degree.

This is not locker room material.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom