Rex Ryan Was a possibility for our DC (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Imagine if Rex ryan would've been our dc

it was at one time talked about and i never knew it was a possibility

man that would've been great but i love what we have now

but it goes to show sean really did want to improve

"I have a great deal of respect for him. I know Sean at one time considered me being a defensive coordinator if he would've gotten an opportunity as a head coach somewhere, and I was all excited about that, but it never happened."

Rex Ryan quote from this article:http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_york_jets_coach_rex_ryans.html

Last edited by a moderator:
They are 3rd in total defense. We are 10th. They have a much better personnel. Do you really think it would have made that much of a difference? If anything, Williams is better suited for our personnel because Ryan doesn't stress turnovers AS much as Williams does.

I'll be honest with you; I'm really not looking forward to this one. I wish we could play somebody else, but this is going to be great competition and I'm certainly not ducking it; that's for sure."

Way to be confident Rex. But I totally understand where your coming from, this could get ugly.

Rex Ryan and Gregg Williams are both wizards of defense.Either one would have been a vast improvement but we had better personel for Greggs style.

They are 3rd in total defense. We are 10th. They have a much better personnel. Do you really think it would have made that much of a difference? If anything, Williams is better suited for our personnel because Ryan doesn't stress turnovers AS much as Williams does.

This season is a different story. I'm VERY SURE he would have made a HUGE difference in 2007 & 2008.

Imagine if Rex ryan would've been our dc

it was at one time talked about and i never knew it was a possibility

man that would've been great but i love what we have now

but it goes to show sean really did want to improve

"I have a great deal of respect for him. I know Sean at one time considered me being a defensive coordinator if he would've gotten an opportunity as a head coach somewhere, and I was all excited about that, but it never happened."

Rex Ryan quote from this article:http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_york_jets_coach_rex_ryans.html

Actually, if you read the quote carefully, Rex Ryan would NOT have been the DC for the Saints. He was actually referring to a head coaching position that SP interviewed for PRIOR to the year he interviewed for the Saints. You sorta have to read between the lines, but SP did interview for a head coaching position in 2005, which was the year prior to when he was selected as Head Coach for the Saints.

SO, if SP were hired as a head coach for unnamed team in 2005, then Rex Ryan probably would've been the DC then. But, clearly, it was not the Saints. Otherwise, Ryan would've clearly mentioned the Saints specifically.

Rex Ryan and Gregg Williams are both wizards of defense.Either one would have been a vast improvement but we had better personel for Greggs style.

I thought Rex and Bart Scott came as a package deal?

I gotta confess: I really like Rex Ryan. He's honest, direct and to the point. He tells you what's on his mind, just like his dad. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be really stoked that he was our coach. I think and hope that does well as a coach but this week, I want to send him back to the drawing board scratching his head.

Rex is my 2nd favorite coach in the NFL right now. He's got a great personality and isn't afraid to call it like he sees it. He's going to have that jets team playing great football for a long time... just not this weekend :)

I gotta confess: I really like Rex Ryan. He's honest, direct and to the point. He tells you what's on his mind, just like his dad. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be really stoked that he was our coach. I think and hope that does well as a coach but this week, I want to send him back to the drawing board scratching his head.

This^ i agree 100%

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom