Rey Maualuga starting OLB? (1 Viewer)

nsingh93

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember predraft days everyone was saying he was the purest MLB, and there was very little chance he could move to OLB and actually have any production.

Well he's starting LOLB and has 17 tackles, 1 sack and 2 FF so far.
I say he is doing pretty well for himself.

Would you have taken Rey if you thought he could instantly start over Fujita?

Rey just made things happen in college. Not sure why people doubted him as much as they did. He was a steal in the second round.

I remember predraft days everyone was saying he was the purest MLB, and there was very little chance he could move to OLB and actually have any production.

Well he's starting LOLB and has 17 tackles, 1 sack and 2 FF so far.
I say he is doing pretty well for himself.

Would you have taken Rey if you thought he could instantly start over Fujita?

I am so glad that you posted this b/c I was one of the people that said we should draft him and move him to the outside. I got flamed for that by the way. It hurts when I'm right.
In regards to your question, yes, I still would have drafted him. Jenkins and Big Rey will both produce. I still would have taken Big Rey, but we still have an unpolished gem in Jenkins. It was the thought of Vilma and Big Rey side by side that would have done it for me.

I am so glad that you posted this b/c I was one of the people that said we should draft him and move him to the outside. I got flamed for that by the way. It hurts when I'm right.
In regards to your question, yes, I still would have drafted him. Jenkins and Big Rey will both produce. I still would have taken Big Rey, but we still have an unpolished gem in Jenkins. It was the thought of Vilma and Big Rey side by side that would have done it for me.

agreed, thats two hard hitting LB's not to mention our LB corp would be really great right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom